Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
There is no crisis.
But there is a need to pray.
Here are some things about which you can pray:
- Pray for those in our congregation who are dealing with health concerns. There can be numerous doctor’s appointments, office visits, tests. In all of these things, we can support our brothers and sisters – asking God to give them peace, joy, and hope. We can also pray for wisdom, strength, and diligence for healthcare workers.
- Pray for our neighbors to come to know the Lord. We are seeking to build the kingdom of God. If CrossPoint Community grows in numbers, praise the Lord! If CrossPoint Community doesn’t grow in numbers, but we are still equipping the saints for works of service, praise the Lord! But we do want people to come out of the darkness into the marvelous light of Christ.
- Pray for the Thanksgiving Gatherings in and through CBCGL. Pray that these would be times of mutual encouragement and edification. Pray that we might be a blessing to all who participate. Pray that we would have the help we need to serve well!
- Thank God for the blessings of having food, shelter, positive relationships, and purpose – so that we have all we need to see God’s name known and his purposes advance in and through CrossPoint Community.
- Pray for our missionaries – Come to prayer meeting to hear an update on how you can be praying for missionaries that our church supports.
Spend time with the Lord this week. Don’t leave His presence until you know that you have what you ask of Him.
This Week (Nov. 12 – Nov. 18):
1. Tonight, on Nov. 12, 2021, we will have Friday Night Bible Study. Join us at 7:30 as we take time to sing, share and study together “Confidence in the midst of Uncertainty” from the life of Abraham in Genesis 15. You can join in person in Room A-216 or online. https://zoom.us/j/685376249?pwd=cWtyUk1pckJiRHJxZVZCSGdJZWw2UT09
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Also, there will be a sharing from a family seeking to serve the Lord as missionaries in Japan. This sharing will be in the Main Sanctuary at 7:30 pm. It will be conducted in English. This is a family that our church has recently begun to support and who is seeking to go soon! You’re invited to attend this meeting in-person.
2. CrossPoint Community Sunday School and YAs Sunday School – on Nov. 14 – is meeting in-person / and Online at 9:45 am.
a. The Young Adults will be meeting at 9:45 am (in-person in Room A-202 and online)! We will be studying the Gospel of John and taking time for Scripture recitation. Info is found on the YAs Teams Chat Channel or the Facebook Messenger chat for the Teams Meeting Link.
b. “A Guide to Christian Beliefs” Sunday School is this Sunday in-person (Room A-216) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone:+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, Nov. 14, Pastor Raymond Lee will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for in-person worship!
a. Text: Exodus 20:1-17
b. Title: The Ten Commandments and Modern Life (9)
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
4. This coming Wednesday, Nov. 17, at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Administration / Events
5. CBCGL’s COVID-19 waiver form has been updated. If you have not completed a waiver, please do so. You can find the updated waiver at http://bit.ly/cbcgl-covid19-waiver. You must have completed this form and follow its guidance if you plan to participate in any in-person church activities. Note: the following is the most recent guidance from the COVID task force.
a. Wearing a face mask is required to attend indoor church activities regardless of vaccination status except when preaching, teaching, or leading the worship service.
b. After international or domestic travel by plane, self-quarantine for ten days before attending church in-person activities or follow state and CDC recommendations or requirements (such as fully vaccinated individuals who have traveled obtaining a negative COVID Test before in-person participation).
c. MPR room is limited only for no contact sports, e. g. pong-pong, badminton, etc., and otherwise pre-approved activities.
6. We invite you to join our Alpha Tuesday Online Course for Adults and Youth this coming Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2021, 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm. #AlphaCourse for adults and youth is a chance to explore life and the Christian faith in a friendly, open, and informal online environment. Join us for a great conversation with others who are exploring life and faith; no strings attached.
Sept. 28, 2021 – Dec. 14, 2021, 7:30pm – 8:30pm (1 hour – EST).
Here is the Zoom Meeting Info:
Meeting ID: 820 8069 5483
Contact: Marina Lam
7. Join us for Thanksgiving Lunch! To help us know how many people are coming, we are asking people to sign up in advance, so we have enough food. To sign up, please use the following link: https://forms.office.com/r/rP5UzF59A4
To sign-up to help out/serve, please use the following link as well (make sure you sign-up above as well): https://forms.office.com/r/7A9p4sbnFs
8. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Young Adults Prayer Meeting: Wednesday nights @ 7:45 – 9:30 pm –
Meeting ID: 868 9398 2884
Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from EM to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
In Christ, your servant, SDG,