Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Thanks to those of you who joined our CrossPoint Community Town Hall meeting. We got to hear from you about your heart for others around our church to know, love, and follow our Lord Jesus Christ. We are already looking into possible urls and into information about the location of signs (like sandwich boards) which we can set up on our property to notify the local community of our congregation. We appreciate your feedback and your prayers as we make progress in these areas.
Please be praying for the Youth Ministry. They are attending LYF Retreat 2021 at Camp Spofford. They will be hearing messages, having small group discussions, having one-on-one conversations with students, times of prayer, teambuilding, and more. Pray that students would connect with the Lord and have their lives forever changed.
You can also pray for our Cantonese congregation. They will be having a special retreat called SOL this weekend. Pray that their time together would be refreshing and motivating for them to grow in love for Jesus and for others.
Pray also that God would give us a desire for and a delight in time spent with Him in prayer. We can join God in what he is doing. We can see the faith of others grow. But we can only do these things as we live for Jesus. We can live for Jesus by depending on Him in prayer. When was the last time that you spent 15 minutes in prayer?
Note: Pastor Willems is on vacation this weekend. He’ll see you at prayer meeting on the 13th of October.
Important Note: October 2021 is the last month in which you will receive direct e-mails containing CrossPoint Community News. You will still receive updates via the church website by subscribing to CrossPoint Community Ministry News (via the “Subscribe to our News” button at the bottom of the webpage).
This Week (Oct. 8 – Oct. 13, 2021):
1. On Oct. 8, 2021, we will have Friday Night Bible Study. Join us at 7:30 as we take time to sing, share and study together “Sure of God’s Love” from 1 John 4:7-21. You can join online or in-person via Room A-216!
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. CrossPoint Community Sunday School and YAs Sunday School – on October 10 – is meeting in-person / and Online at 9:45 am.
a. The Young Adults will be meeting at 9:45 am (in-person in Room A-202 and online)! Studying the Gospel of John and taking time for Scripture recitation. Info is found on the YAs Teams Chat Channel or in the Facebook Messenger chat for the Teams Meeting Link.
b. “A Guide to Christian Beliefs” Sunday School is this Sunday in-person (Room A-216) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone:+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, October 10, Pastor Raymond Lee will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for in person worship!
a. Text: Exodus 20:1-17
b. Title: The Ten Commandments and Modern Life (8)
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
d. Coworker reminder.
Administration / Events
4. CBCGL’s COVID-19 waiver form has been updated. If you haven’t completed a waiver, please do so. The updated waiver can be found at http://bit.ly/cbcgl-covid19-waiver. You are required to have completed this form and follow its guidance if you plan to participate in any in-person church activities. Note: the following is the most recent guidance from the COVID taskforce.
a. Wearing a face mask is required to attend church indoor activities regardless of vaccination status except when preaching, teaching, or leading worship service.
b. After international or domestic travel by plane, self-quarantine for 10 days before attending church in-person activities or follow state and CDC recommendations or requirements.
c. MPR room is limited only for no contact sports, e. g. pong-pong, badminton and etc, and otherwise pre-approved activities.
5. We would like to invite you to join our Alpha Tuesday Online Course for Adults and Youth this coming Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2021, 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm. #AlphaCourse for adults and youth is a chance to explore life and the Christian faith in a friendly, open, and informal online environment. Join us for a great conversation with others who are exploring life and faith; no strings attached.
Sept. 28, 2021 – Dec. 14, 2021, 7:30pm – 8:30pm (1 hour – EST).
Here’s the Zoom Meeting Info:
Meeting ID: 820 8069 5483
Contact: Marina Lam
6. Meet with Angie and me (preferably in person)! We are now hosting meetings online or in our home, or at church, for participants in CrossPoint Community Ministry. To sign-up, use the following link: https://lowellchurch-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/nathan_willems_lowell_church/EccUw7hTOn1IkeJ_B1Eqp8EBUIKksUtMSLDZwEh0buI3SA?e=UPtpIM
7. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Young Adults Prayer Meeting: Wednesday nights @ 7:45 – 9:30 pm –
Meeting ID: 868 9398 2884
Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from EM to reach out and take care of those in need among us.
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL