Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Today is Good Friday. Throughout the passion week, we can see Jesus heading towards the end. He finished well, not cursing those who cursed him, not calling out false witnesses, but submitting to the will of the Father. On Good Friday, we remember the sacrifice that Christ made, the sacrifice He was and the sacrifice He perfected. Tonight, we focus on the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. Join us via the Friday Night Bible Study Zoom Link @ 7:30 pm (Link below).
Crossway put together a number of videos back in 2014. There is a video for each day from Palm Sunday through Easter Sunday. I don’t know if you got a chance to watch the videos from last week. But I’ve included Good Friday – Easter Sunday for you here.
As you watch, listen, learn – consider not only what Christ did but why he did it.
Friday – http://vimeo.com/89429101
Saturday – http://vimeo.com/89436644
Easter Sunday – http://vimeo.com/89509380
The Combined Easter Service sign-up filled up in less than a day! If you didn’t get a chance to sign-up for the Service, please join us online via the normal English links facebook or youtube. The COVID Taskforce has asked that we tell you not to show up in person if you didn’t sign-up. For those who did sign-up, please follow the COVID-19 protocols set in place by the COVID-19 waiver, particularly symptom checking, mask wearing and social distancing.
Finally, I really do want to get to know you. Please sign-up to meet with my wife Angie and me, just for the purpose of sharing life and better understanding of each other. We want to get to know you! To do that, I’ve put together a calendar where you can sign up. It lists out the times in the coming months and times that we have available. I have made it editable so you can claim a spot or time. (You may need to copy this link and paste it into your browser.)
We have been doing these meetings online. In the coming months, we hope to do these meetings in person (post vaccination). If you don’t want to edit the calendar, feel free to send me an e-mail to set up a time to meet! We look forward to talking with you and sharing life together through conversation.
Image by M Wayne Brown
This Week (April 2 -April 8, 2021):
1. Tonight, (April 2, 2021) we will have our Good Friday Service. Join us at 7:30 as we take time to sing, pray and reflect on Christ’s sacrifice for us. We will celebrate Communion together. Please prepare those elements and join us!
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. EM Sunday School and YAs Sunday School – For April 4 – is cancelled so we can celebrate Easter together with the whole church (Worship starts at 9:45 am!)
3. This Sunday, April 4, Elder Sean Lee will be sharing God’s word with us. Pray for him!
- Text: 2 Cor. 4:16-5:10
- Title: What does Jesus’ resurrection mean to us?
- Live stream via Youtube: http://cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
- Coworker reminder.
Administration / Events:
4. Tuesday Night Alpha began on March 23. It is meeting weekly on Tuesday nights, from 7:30 – 8:30 pm. Pray for God’s work in and through Alpha and invite your friends. The zoom link can be found here:
Meeting ID: 820 8069 5483
5. CBCGL’s COVID-19 waiver form can be found at http://bit.ly/cbcgl-covid19-waiver
You are required to have completed this form if you plan to participate in any in-person church activities.
6. Sign-up for the CBCGL Family Easter Activities from 2-4 pm. Registration is required:
7. Calling all VBS volunteers! It’s that time of year again! Our church will be hosting VBS 2021 from August 9th-13th. Looking for adult and youth volunteers who are willing to serve in VBS this year! Please apply using the link provided. Thank you! Here is the link: https://bit.ly/3eq9S4a
8. All other announcements can be found here (in our English Ministry bulletin).
- Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Young Adults Prayer Meeting: Wednesday night @ 7:45 – 9:30 pm –
Meeting ID: 868 9398 2884
- Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from EM to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
In Christ, your servant, SDG,