Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Thanks to those of you who joined us for our Bible Study Leader’s Training this past Sunday. We want to be people who are committed to correctly handling God’s Word. To do that, we need to consider our own assumptions and attitudes about the Bible. We also need to consider what Bible Study actually is and things that may keep us from it. We additionally need to have the tools to study and lead others in a study.
If you missed the training but would like to still benefit from learning about how to be a better Bible Study leader, you can check out the following links. The first link is a google drive folder where you will find the written content of the Bible Study leader training. In the folder, there are three documents. The first is the training content. The second is a Biblical Genres chart – which includes questions you can ask within each genre. The third is a Bonus for parents who may need some help in encouraging their teens to study the Bible. It is an article from the Gospel Coalition with suggestions. Here is the link for these three documents:
The second link (below) is a folder with the recording of the training. You can watch the video (which contains the presentation. It’s 2:20 hours long.). You can also just listen to the training. And/Or you can read the training chat. The following link is available through Jan. 21, 2023:
And if none of those options sound great, you can also just walk through the training presentation on your own, via the Prezi link (You’ll need to share your name and e-mail): https://prezi.com/view/biNC1117bbeZJt2wCMwB/
May we be people who lead others to know and love the God of the Universe who communicates to us through His Word, the Bible!
This Week (Jan. 21–27, 2022):
1. Tonight, on Jan. 21, 2022, we will have Friday Night Bible Study. Join us from 7:30-9:30 as we take time to sing, share, and study the topic of how Jesus is “The King Who Reigns Forever.” If you want, read Isaiah 9:1-7 and Luke 1:26-38 in preparation. You can join in-person in Room A-216 or online.
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. CrossPoint Community Sunday School and YAs Sunday School is on Jan. 23.
a. The Young Adults will be meeting at 9:45 am (in-person in Room A-202 and online)! We will be studying the Gospel of John and taking time for Scripture recitation. Info is found on the YAs Teams Chat Channel or the Facebook Messenger chat for the Teams Meeting Link.
b. “Big Survey, Big Screen Perspective” Sunday School is this Sunday in-person (Room A-216) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, Jan. 23, 2022, Pastor Nathan Willems will be preaching. Pray for me! Join us for worship at CBCGL! You can also watch the live stream if you wish.
a. Text: Ezekiel 18
b. Title: Why Die?
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
4. This coming Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2022, at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. We’ll spend time using Scripture to inform our prayers and then share our requests and prayer together. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Administration / Events
5. CBCGL’s COVID-19 waiver form is likely to be updated again. If you have not completed a waiver, please do so. You can find the most up-to-date waiver at http://bit.ly/cbcgl-covid19-waiver. You must have completed this form and follow its guidance if you plan to participate in any in-person church activities. Note: the following is the most recent guidance from the COVID task force.
a. Wearing a face mask is required to attend indoor church activities regardless of vaccination status except when preaching, teaching, or leading the worship service.
b. After international or domestic travel by plane, self-quarantine for ten days before attending church in-person activities or follow state and CDC recommendations or requirements (such as fully vaccinated individuals who have traveled obtaining a negative COVID Test before in-person participation).
c. MPR room is limited to only no contact sports, e. g. ping-pong, badminton, etc., and otherwise pre-approved activities.
6. On Jan. 23rd, at 10:50 am, CBCGL will hold the installation of deacons, elders, and ministers. CrossPoint will join via the Mandarin LiveStream on YouTube.
7. Did you know that we have updated reports from our missionaries on a regular basis? Please check the missions tab in our bulletin to read through these reports and learn how you can support our missionaries. This week, it is an update about Henry Lu and COCM.
8. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
1. Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from EM to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of the Chinese Bible Church of Greater Lowell