Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Do you remember where we are aiming for 2025? To know where we are aiming, we need to have vision (like an archer looking at a target). But also note that a vision is a picture of where we want to be, not a prescription of how we are going to get there. So here again is the 2025 Vision for CrossPoint Community:
In 2025, CrossPoint Community will be a more diverse, inclusive, cohesive community. We will have stronger, Christ-focused marriages. We will have children worshipping with CrossPoint Community at least once a month. Increased (2x to 3x) participation in prayer meeting. A more intentional discipleship structure. Members who understand and live based on the truth that ministry is done by them rather than for them.
A picture is well and good, but we need to take action to see these changes take effect by 2025. In November of 2022, the Council had a retreat where the Pastor, Elder, and Deacon of CPC, along with the Deacon Chair, took time to spell out some of our growth plans. We are seeking:
a. Marriage Retreat
b. Discipleship Structure Assessment and Creation
a. Who is next? (Deacon training; Invite participation in service)
b. Identify where people are serving (Tasks, Equipping, 2.5 Hats)
c. What do you have? (Bring it to Jesus, let him multiply it.)
a. To get people to participate, we need to build Community
We are working on figuring out plans for a marriage retreat and are beginning to discuss our discipleship structure (its assessment and creation). But we won’t see growth in CPC without the Lord’s grace. So, please take time to pray (even right now!) for CrossPoint Community that we might grow in these ways in order to advance God’s kingdom in and around Chelmsford, MA.
Also, consider: What drew you to participate in CrossPoint Community? How can we use those things to share the gospel and make disciples?
Also, please continue to pray for the nation of Ukraine. Here is a suggested list of prayers if you are at a loss for words in how to pray: https://send.org/story/hh_pray_for_ukraine. Thank you for kneeling on behalf of the people of Ukraine and Russia, and taking a stand (or a knee in prayer) against the forces of darkness in this present age.
This Week (Feb. 3 – 9, 2023):
1. Tonight, Feb. 3, 2022, the Living Stones Friday Night Bible Study is meeting from 7:30-9:30 to study about Courage in the Place of Fear. You can read Matthew 14:22-36 in preparation for this time of fellowship and study. Join in person in Room A-216 or online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. The Living Stones Sunday School and Grace Ambassadors Sunday School classes are meeting on Feb. 5.
a. The Grace Ambassadors (Young Adults) will be meeting at 9:45 am (in-person in Room A-202)! We will be taking time to practice some of what we have learned about prayer. More info is found on the YAs Messenger Chat. For further info, contact Liu Jiang.
b. “Understanding the Old Testament” Sunday School is this Sunday at 9:45 in-person (Room A-216) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, Feb. 5, 2022, at 11:25 am, Minister Jeremy MacDonald will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for worship at CBCGL!
a. Text: John 15:9-11
b. Title: Abide in Christ
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/live-stream/
4. Each Wednesday, such as this week (Feb. 8) at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. We will not grow in Christ without growing in our dependence on God through prayer. In February, we’ll spend time praying for other churches as well as praying for CrossPoint Community. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Administration / Events
1. We have a missions update (so check out the missions tab from the bulletin)! This week, we have an update from T and C who had been serving in Africa, had planned to serve in Singapore, but are now serving in the US. Pray for them as work to mobilize people to serve the unreached in Africa and mentor younger missionaries-in-training. Please check the missions tab in our bulletin to read through these reports and learn how you can support our missionaries.
2. CBCGL’s COVID-19 guidance has been updated. We still are following CDC guidance for travel and participation in activities following travel or exposure to a positive case. We are also tracking community spread. If we are in a high risk of community spread, we recommend mask-wearing to church activities.
a. Please note, you are recommended, but not required to wear facemasks to church.
3. Sunday Lunch Service began again at CBCGL on Jan. 8th with $5 lunchboxes! To place an order, please use the following link: https://forms.office.com/r/nCwQnMruKv Orders need to be placed by Friday at 11 pm so that the kitchen can prepare the correct amount of food. Note: The selection which states “Number of Meals” refers to the cooked food/lunch box/Chinese food option.
4. If you are interested in helping refugees locally, you have the opportunity to join a local Neighborhood Support Team for an Afghan family. Resettlement is a lengthy process. A neighborhood support group ensures that the tasks are spread among a group of people.
The Neighborhood Support Team (NST) will get support from the resettlement agency and NST leaders who have done this before and have a family they are currently supporting in Lowell. This is a rewarding and life-changing experience.
For more information email: Rhea Gordon, rhea (at) elevatenewengland.org
5. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
1. If we ever become done with prayer, we will find ourselves either fit for heaven or for hell. Truly, our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. We’d be glad to pray for you. If you need prayer, you can submit your prayer request via the following link:
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Rev. Dr. Nathan Willems
Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL