Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
God gives us opportunities to serve him regularly. Are we willing to do what He asks? Are we willing to serve when needs arise?
On Wednesday night, at prayer meeting, we prayed for Afghanistan (by the providence of God). As you may be aware, in 2021, the Taliban took control with the departure of American troops and the collapse of the Afghan government. This has caused many thousands of Afghan people to evacuate the country. Hundreds of these evacuees are arriving in MA. We are called to be the hands and feet of Jesus by serving and meeting needs.
You can learn about how to help out alongside brothers and sisters from CBCGB. There will be a presentation this coming Sunday afternoon at 2 pm (2 to 3:30 pm) via Zoom. The meeting will inform us of the work that is being done at CBCGB and how we, at CBCGL, can help out. We know what it is like to be sojourners, resident aliens, and pilgrims. We can empathize with these people who have fled their home country and are looking to establish a life here in the States. Please join the meeting to learn more so that we can serve them by connecting them with employment opportunities.
Topic: Presentation on Afghan Evacuees
Time: Feb 13, 2022 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 840 7676 1829
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,84076761829# US (New York)
(Note: This is more important than watching pre-game activities for the Super Bowl)
This Week (Feb. 11–17, 2022):
1. Tonight, on Feb. 11, 2022, we will have Friday Night Bible Study. Join us from 7:30-9:30 as we take time to sing, share, and study the topic of “The Pitfall of Betrayal” from Joseph’s life. If you want, read Gen. 37 in preparation. Also, if you want to hear a brief account of Pastor Willems’ Doctor of Ministry Defense, join us. You can join in-person in Room A-216 or online.
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. CrossPoint Community Sunday School and YAs Sunday School is on Feb. 13.
a. The Young Adults will be meeting at 9:45 am (in-person in Room A-202 and online)! We will be studying the Gospel of John and taking time for Scripture recitation. Info is found on the YAs Teams Chat Channel or the Facebook Messenger chat for the Teams Meeting Link.
b. “Big Survey, Big Screen Perspective” Sunday School is this Sunday in-person (Room A-216) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, Feb. 13, 2022, Pastor Raymond Lee will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for worship at CBCGL! You can also watch the live stream if you wish.
a. Text: Job 19:25-27
b. Title: Why Does God Allow Suffering?
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
4. This coming Wednesday, Feb. 16, 2022, at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. We’ll spend time praying for a country or region using Operation World. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Administration / Events
5. CBCGL’s COVID-19 waiver form has been updated again. If you have not completed a waiver, please do so. You can find the most up-to-date waiver at http://bit.ly/cbcgl-covid19-waiver. You must have completed this form and follow its guidance if you plan to participate in any in-person church activities. Note: the following is the most recent guidance from the COVID task force.
a. Wearing a face mask is required to attend indoor church activities regardless of vaccination status except when preaching, teaching, or leading the worship service.
b. After travel by plane, self-quarantine for five days before attending church in-person activities or obtaining a negative COVID Test 3 days after travel before in-person participation.
c. The MPR room is limited to only no contact sports, e. g. ping-pong, badminton, etc., and otherwise pre-approved activities.
6. Did you know that we have updated reports from our missionaries on a regular basis? Please check the missions tab in our bulletin to read through these reports and learn how you can support our missionaries. This week, it is an update about C and A (heading to Mexico, and looking for a place to call home so they can continue the work of Bible Translation).
7. Join us for the Presentation on Afghan Evacuees on Zoom from 2-3:20 pm, Sunday, Feb. 13. Info can be found above.
8. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
1. Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from EM to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL