Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Tomorrow, Friday, February 25, 2022, we are forecasted to get between 8 to 12 inches of snow in our area which will make travel difficult. For this reason, tomorrow the church office is closed and all Friday Night activities are moving online. So I’ll see you online tomorrow night for Bible Study!
Please do stay safe. If you are going to drive, drive more slowly and give plenty of space between you and the vehicle in front of you. Otherwise, stay home and wait for the weather to improve or for road crews to treat the roads.
Also, please pray for Ukraine. The days we are living in are unprecedented. Our God still rules the nations and will bring to nothing the arrogant boasts of national leaders (cf. Ezek. 28). But we cannot turn a blind eye to those who are being invaded. Here is a suggested prayer if you are at a loss for words in how to pray: 24-7 Prayer – A Prayer for the Crisis in Ukraine (ENG).pdf
Also, from World Vision:
“As the conflict in Ukraine escalates, our hearts break for vulnerable children and families who will bear the brunt of this crisis. Would you join us in prayer for the people of Ukraine? Pray for:
1. The physical and mental health of children forced from their homes and schools
2. Comfort for those living in fear and facing the loss of homes and loved ones
3. The promotion of peace on all sides
World Vision is standing ready to support those affected by this crisis. We assisted 3.2 million people across the Middle East and Eastern Europe last year with emergency response programs and are ready to respond to this crisis as well, with a focus on protecting the most vulnerable.
We know that the God of all hope is with those who are hurting and afraid. Thank you for joining us in asking Him to provide peace and safety for the children and families of Ukraine. We are so grateful to partner with you in prayer and ministry.
– Your friends at World Vision
This Week (Feb. 25–Mar. 3, 2022):
1. Tomorrow, on Feb. 25, 2022, we will have Friday Night Bible Study. Join us from 7:30-9:30 as we take time to sing, share, and study the topic of “The Pitfall of Injustice” from the life of Joseph. If you have time saved due to not commuting, read Gen. 40 in preparation. Due to the weather, join online (There will be no in-person activities at CBCGL).
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. CrossPoint Community Sunday School and YAs Sunday School is on Feb. 27.
a. The Young Adults will be meeting at 9:45 am (in-person in Room A-202 and online)! We will be studying the Gospel of John and taking time for Scripture recitation. Info is found on the YAs Teams Chat Channel or the Facebook Messenger chat for the Teams Meeting Link.
b. “Big Survey, Big Screen Perspective” Sunday School is this Sunday in-person (Room A-216) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, Feb. 27, 2022, Pastor Nathan Willems will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for worship at CBCGL! You can also watch the live stream if you wish.
a. Text: Ezekiel 28:11-19, 25-26
b. Title: Relying on Pride or Promises?
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
4. This coming Wednesday, Mar. 2, 2022, at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. We’ll spend time praying for Ukraine among other things. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Administration / Events
5. CBCGL’s COVID-19 guidance has been updated. If you have not completed a waiver, please do so. You can find the most up-to-date waiver at http://bit.ly/cbcgl-covid19-waiver. You must have completed this form and follow its guidance if you plan to participate in any in-person church activities. Note: please find updated COVID-19 Guidance for CBCGL in the COVID-19 Sidebar Tab in the announcements.
6. Did you know that we have updated reports from our missionaries on a regular basis? Please check the missions tab in our bulletin to read through these reports and learn how you can support our missionaries. This week, there is an urgent prayer request from England and an update about Gordon and Maggie (serving in France).
7. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
1. Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from EM to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL