Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
This week, I’d like to once again draw your attention to upcoming events within CPC and CBCGL. Because I’m not sure you read my last update. If you had, I would’ve given you a dollar!
Keeping it Vertical – Women’s Bible Study on select Tuesday afternoons restarts April 18 at 1 pm. Join if you can!
In May, we have two events you may be able to join. On May 6, from 1 to 5 pm in the Main Sanctuary, we have a Worship Leader training, led by LYF Alumni Joshua Lin. The training will be for anyone interested in helping out with worship leading – whether youth or adults or people from other congregations. For more information, please contact Paul Fleming.
On May 13th, from 9:15 am to 5 pm (with dinner out afterwards), you who are married are encouraged to save the date for a marriage conference (The Marriage Thing) at Boston Chinese Evangelical Church (in Chinatown). Couples should plan to have lunch and dinner together, and arrange child care, as needed. Parking is free (if you send an e-mail in advance). This should be a great time of reconnecting with your spouse and learning how to be a better husband/wife. If you need scholarships for the event ($50 is the registration fee) or for paying for childcare for the day, please let Pastor Nathan or Deacon Tony know. We can also try to work with you to find childcare if you need it. Register before April 30, via the registration link. (Click the Link!) We hope you can join us!
Also, please continue to pray for the nation of Ukraine. Here is a suggested list of prayers if you are at a loss for words in how to pray: https://send.org/story/hh_pray_for_ukraine. Thank you for kneeling on behalf of the people of Ukraine and Russia, and taking a stand (or a knee in prayer) against the forces of darkness in this present age.
This Week (April 14-April 20, 2023):
1. Tonight, April 14, 2023, the Living Stones Friday Night Bible Study is meeting from 7:30-9:30 to begin our study about My Encounter With Jesus. You can read John 4:1-26 in preparation for this time of fellowship. Join in person in Room A-216 or online via the following link at 7:30 pm:
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. The Living Stones Sunday School and Grace Ambassadors Sunday School classes are meeting on April 16.
a. The Grace Ambassadors (Young Adults) will be meeting at 9:45 am (in-person in Room A-202)! We will be taking time to discuss Chapter 14 of Tim Keller’s book on Prayer. More info is found on the YAs Messenger Chat. For further info, contact Jillian Yuan.
b. “Understanding the Old Testament” Sunday School (Talking about Proverbs and Job) is this Sunday at 9:45 in-person (Room A-216) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, April 16, 2023, at 11:25 am, Pastor Raymond Lee will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for worship at CBCGL!
a. Text: Matthew 25:31-40
b. Title: A Heart for the Poor
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/live-stream/
4. Each Wednesday, such as this week (April 19) at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. We will not grow in Christ without growing in our dependence on God through prayer. In April, we will be taking time to pray using our 2023: Blessed to be a Blessing. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Administration / Events
1. We have a missions update (so check out the missions tab from the bulletin)! This week, we have an update from Chris and Emily who are serving in Japan. They have a number of things for which to praise God, even as they seek where they might serve long-term within Japan. Please check the missions tab in our bulletin to read through their report and learn how you can support our missionaries.
2. If you’re interested in joining CBCGL as a member, please contact Pastor Nathan Willems for more information on how to become a member and to schedule a membership class.
3. Save the Dates:
May 6th – Worship Leader Training, 1 to 5 pm (@ CBCGL)
May 13th – Marriage Conference, 9:30 am to 5 pm (with dinner on your own afterwards) – (@BCEC Chinatown). See above for more info.
4. Sunday Lunch Service began again at CBCGL on Jan. 8th with $5 lunchboxes! To place an order, please use the following link: https://forms.office.com/r/nCwQnMruKv Orders need to be placed by Friday at 11 pm so that the kitchen can prepare the correct amount of food. Note: The selection which states “Number of Meals” refers to the cooked food/lunch box/Chinese food option.
5. CBCGL’s COVID-19 guidance has been updated. We still are following CDC guidance for travel and participation in activities following travel or exposure to a positive case. Please note, wearing a face mask to church is now optional.
6. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
1. The one who lives without prayer lives as if there is no God. Truly, our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. We’d be glad to pray for you. If you need prayer, you can submit your prayer request via the following link: https://www.cbcgl.org/pray/
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Rev. Dr. Nathan Willems
Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL