Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Have you noticed the church sign when you’ve been to church? There is a quote on both sides by Anthony Burgess. It says “He who lives without prayer lives as if there is no God.” It’s a quote that is intended to encourage us to pray and to call others to see that they are living as if there is no God.
We have many reasons to pray. One reason that I’ll highlight today is the fact that in prayer we express our dependence on God. We are creatures. We have been created by God to experience his goodness and glory and display it to the world He loves. Just as our pets depend on us for food and shelter and other needs, so too, we depend on God for our daily needs.
We also express our dependence on God through prayer when we pray for others. We can’t change other people. I wish I could change people, but I can’t. I don’t have the ability. But God does. God can change people. So when we pray for others, we ask God to change them. We are asking God to change others into the likeness of our Savior and Brother, Jesus Christ, even as we are being transformed into the likeness of our Redeemer and Lord, Jesus Christ.
Marina has asked the church to commit to praying for Alpha Tuesday. This is the first step in any church outreach effort. We can’t expect to bear fruit unless we are depending on, connected to the vine. We can’t expect to reap a harvest without going into the fields of our Lord. We can’t expect to see results without first looking to our God who calls, leads, and guides. So please pray for who you might invite to Alpha Tuesday – that God would bring people to know, love, and follow Him.
This Sunday, September 19, you can join the baptism service in the main Sanctuary (Bldg B) at 1:30 pm to celebrate with those who have committed to know, love, and follow Jesus. You are also welcome to join the panel discussion hosted by the Ladies Fellowship in the Cantonese Sanctuary (Bldg A) at 1:30 pm, to hear from those who seek to know, love, and follow Christ in their line of work.
Finally, Save the Date: October 3rd, during the Sunday School Hour, CrossPoint Community will have its’ first town hall meeting as “CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL.” We look forward to seeing you there!
This Week (Sept. 17 – Sept. 23, 2021):
1. Tonight, Sept. 17, 2021 we will have Friday Night Bible Study. Join us at 7:30 as we take time to sing, share and study together “Sure of Relationship” from 1 John 2. You can join online or in-person via Room A-216!
- Meeting ID: 685 376 249
- Password: 840840
- Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. CrossPoint Community Sunday School and YAs Sunday School – on September 19 – is meeting in-person / and Online at 9:45 am.
- The Young Adults will be meeting at 9:45 am (in-person and online)! Studying the Gospel of John and taking time for Scripture recitation in Room A-202. Info is found on the YAs Teams Chat Channel or in the Facebook Messenger chat for the Teams Meeting Link.
- The “A Guide to Christian Beliefs ” Sunday School is this Sunday in-person (Room A-216) and online via the following link:
- Meeting ID: 491 248 585
- Password: 403767
- Join by phone:+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
This Sunday, Sept. 19, Pastor Raymond Lee will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for in person worship!
Administration / Events
1. CBCGL’s COVID-19 waiver form has been updated. If you haven’t completed a waiver, please do so. The updated waiver can be found at http://bit.ly/cbcgl-covid19-waiver. You are required to have completed this form and follow its guidance if you plan to participate in any in-person church activities. Note: there is updated guidance from the COVID taskforce.
- Wearing face mask is required to attend church indoor activities regardless of vaccination status except when preaching, teaching or leading worship service.
- After international or domestic travel by plane, self-quarantine for 10 days before attending church in-person activities or follow state and CDC recommendations or requirements.
- MPR room is limited only for no contact sports, e. g. pong-pong, badminton and etc, and otherwise pre-approved activities.
2. Meet with Angie and me (preferably in person)! We are now hosting meetings online or in our home, or at church, for participants in CrossPoint Community Ministry. To sign-up, use the following link: https://lowellchurch-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/nathan_willems_lowell_church/EccUw7hTOn1IkeJ_B1Eqp8EBUIKksUtMSLDZwEh0buI3SA?e=UPtpIM
3. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
- Meeting ID: 758 587 937
- Password: 030086
- Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Young Adults Prayer Meeting: Wednesday nights @ 7:45 – 9:30 pm –
- Meeting ID: 868 9398 2884
- Password: 197791
Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from EM to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
In Christ, your servant, SDG – Nathan Willems (Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – a Ministry of CBCGL)