Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Each month, I’ve been working to bring you examples of what it looks like to be a Christian, or more correct information about certain famous Christians. This month, I want you to get to know a Christian who served for 38 years in a Chinese heritage church. But to do so, I’ll have Rev. Steven Chin tell you about Lee (Alfred Lee Hearn).
I realize that this likely cuts down on your willingness to read further, but, please check out the article that follows: https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/steven-chin-beauty-jesus/
Also, please continue to pray for the nation of Ukraine. They have undergone recent attacks to their power grid. Here is a suggested list of prayers if you are at a loss for words in how to pray: https://send.org/story/hh_pray_for_ukraine. Thank you for kneeling on behalf of the people of Ukraine and Russia, and taking a stand (or a knee in prayer) against the forces of darkness in this present age.
This Week (Jan. 27 – Feb. 2, 2023):
1. Tonight, Jan. 27, 2022, the Living Stones Friday Night Bible Study is meeting from 7:30-9:30 to study about Submission to God in the Place of Fear. You can read Luke 1:26-38 in preparation for this time of fellowship and study. Join in person in Room A-216 or online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. The Living Stones Sunday School and Grace Ambassadors Sunday School classes are meeting on Jan. 29.
a. The Grace Ambassadors (Young Adults) will be meeting at 9:45 am (in-person in Room A-202). We will be taking time to discuss the next chapter in Keller’s book “Prayer.” More info is found on the YAs Messenger Chat. For further info, contact Liu Jiang.
b. “Understanding the Old Testament” Sunday School is this Sunday at 9:45 in-person (Room A-216) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, Jan. 29, 2022, at 11:25 am, Pastor Nathan Willems will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for worship at CBCGL! You can also watch the live stream if you wish.
a. Text: Matthew 9:35-38
b. Title: Ask the Lord of the Harvest
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/live-stream/
4. Each Wednesday, such as this week (Feb. 1) at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. We’ll spend time praying for our missionaries as well as praying for CrossPoint Community. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Administration / Events
1. On January 29th, CBCGL will celebrate its 34th Anniversary (which is Jan. 21). We will have a cake cutting & prayer on Sunday, January 29th at 12:45PM in the main cafeteria. So come and enjoy some delicious cake!
2. CBCGL’s COVID-19 guidance has been updated. We still are following CDC guidance for travel and participation in activities following travel or exposure to a positive case. We are also tracking community spread. If we are in a high risk of community spread, we recommend mask wearing to church activities.
a. Please note, you are recommended, but not required to wear facemasks to church.
3. Sunday Lunch Service began again at CBCGL on Jan. 8th with $5 lunchboxes! To place an order, please use the following link: https://forms.office.com/r/nCwQnMruKv Orders need to be placed by Friday at 11 pm so that the kitchen can prepare the correct amount of food. Note: The selection which states “Number of Meals” refers to the cooked food/lunch box/Chinese food option.
4. We have a missions update (so check out the missions tab from the bulletin)! This week, we have an update from T and C who had been serving in Africa, had planned to serve in Singapore, but are now serving in the US. Pray for them as work to mobilize people to serve the unreached in Africa and mentor younger missionaries-in-training. Please check the missions tab in our bulletin to read through these reports and learn how you can support our missionaries.
5. If you are interested in helping refugees locally, you have the opportunity to join a local Neighborhood Support Team for an Afghan family. Resettlement is a lengthy process. A neighborhood
support group ensures that the tasks are spread
among a group of people. The Neighborhood Support Team (NST) will get support
from the resettlement agency and NST leaders who
have done this before and have a family they are
currently supporting in Lowell.
This is a rewarding and life changing experience.
For more information email: Rhea Gordon
rhea (at) elevatenewengland.org
6. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
1. If we ever become done with prayer, we will find ourselves fit for heaven or for hell. Truly, our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Rev. Dr. Nathan Willems
Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL