This Week (Oct. 20 - Oct. 26, 2023):
Administration / Events
1. We have a missions update (so check out the missions tab from the bulletin)! You can provide support for COCM (in England), for James Liang (at UConn), or Chris and Emily who are serving in Japan with OMF.
2. Calling all church members! See you on Sunday at our Annual Congregational Meeting – in the Main Sanctuary from 1:30 to 3:30 pm! Show up earlier to obtain your ballot and vote on the new elder candidate, the 5 deacon candidates, and the approval of appointing Min. Changjian Sun to be a member of the council. Then stay and hear about what we have planned for the end of the year and the coming year (which will be CBCGL’s 35th anniversary). We look forward to seeing you there!
3. Did you know that our buildings have been named/renamed? Check out the church announcement tab in the bulletin for more information.
4. Sunday Lunch Service is available at CBCGL with $5 lunchboxes. To place an order, please use the following link: https://forms.office.com/r/nCwQnMruKv Orders are preferred to be placed as soon as you know, but need to be placed by Saturday night so that the kitchen can prepare the correct amount of food. Note: The selection which states “Number of Meals” refers to the cooked food/lunch box/Chinese food option.
5. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
From Bishop J.C. Ryle – “To be prayerless is to be Christless, Godless, and in the high road to destruction…It will always be found that when prayers are few, grace, strength, peace, and hope are small.” Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
We’d be glad to pray for you. If you need prayer, you can submit your prayer request via the following link: https://www.cbcgl.org/pray/
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Rev. Dr. Nathan Willems
Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL