Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Today is the final day of 2021! May God richly bless you and your family in 2022 according to the riches of his glorious grace available to us through our Lord Jesus Christ!
Here are some special events and activities that are happening in the coming month which we don’t want you to miss!
- Please join us on New Year’s Eve for a special night of prayer and fellowships. The plan is to begin activities at 7:30 pm so that families can get home at a reasonable hour and/or can still attend New Year’s Eve parties. We will start with prayer and then have time for games. We will be meeting in the Bldg B (The new building) cafeteria.
- On Jan. 2, 2022, this coming Sunday, during the Sunday School hour, we will have a time of community building. One request that I’ve heard throughout 2021 is that we have time for the various groups in CrossPoint to get to know one another. So join us for a time of sharing and getting to know others in CrossPoint. We’ll meet in A-202, beginning at 9:45 am. Hope you can join us and we look forward to seeing you!
- On Jan. 9, 2022, next Sunday, during the Sunday School hour, we will have TC and Lori Tang share what they have learned from the book “Becoming a Welcoming Church.” We will benefit from their sharing so that we might be even better at welcoming others at CrossPoint Community. Join us in A-202, beginning at 9:45 am. If needed, we will move to A-210, but we will decide that on Jan. 9.
- On Jan. 16, 2022, in the afternoon from 1:30 to 4:30 pm, in room A-202, we will have our Bible Study Leaders Training. This will be a time to understand 5 things we need to know as we lead Bible Studies; what is Bible Study; Why we Study the Bible; some barriers to Bible Study; and some methods for Bible Study. We hope you can join us!
Finally, this is the last day of 2021 when you can give financially to support the ministry of CrossPoint Community and CBCGL in 2021. Please make sure that if you have moved, you update your address with the treasurer so that he can send you your donation receipt. Please give generously so that we have the resources to serve the community and share the good news of the generosity and abundance of our God!
This Week (Dec. 31 – Jan. 6, 2022):
1. Tonight, on Dec. 31, 2021, we will have a New Year’s prayer meeting. Join us at 7:30 as we take time to remember and pray. You can join in person in the cafeteria in building B (The New Building) or online. Beginning around 8:30, we will have a time of fellowship and games until 10 pm. https://zoom.us/j/685376249?pwd=cWtyUk1pckJiRHJxZVZCSGdJZWw2UT09
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. CrossPoint Community Sunday School and YAs Sunday School – on Jan. 2 – is in-person at 9:45 am. We will have a combined fellowship in room A-202, taking time to get to know others and be known by others. We hope you can join us for this multi-generational event!
3. This Sunday, Jan. 2, 2022, Pastor Nathan Willems will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for worship at CBCGL! You can also watch the live stream if you wish.
a. Text: Ezekiel 3:4-21
b. Title: Watching and Warning
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
d. Please join us for communion, or prepare elements at home if joining on the live-stream.
4. This coming Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2022, at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. We’ll spend time using Scripture to inform our prayers and then share our requests and prayer together. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Announcements and Events
5. CBCGL’s COVID-19 waiver form has been updated. If you have not completed a waiver, please do so. You can find the updated waiver at http://bit.ly/cbcgl-covid19-waiver. You must have completed this form and follow its guidance if you plan to participate in any in-person church activities. Note: the following is the most recent guidance from the COVID task force.
a. Wearing a face mask is required to attend indoor church activities regardless of vaccination status except when preaching, teaching, or leading the worship service.
b. After international or domestic travel by plane, self-quarantine for ten days before attending church in-person activities or follow state and CDC recommendations or requirements (such as fully vaccinated individuals who have traveled obtaining a negative COVID Test before in-person participation).
c. MPR room is limited to only no contact sports, e. g. ping-pong, badminton, etc., and otherwise pre-approved activities.
6. Join us for our special fellowship times, Sunday Schools, and trainings tonight and into the first half of January. See above for more information.
7. On Jan. 9th, CBCGL will hold the installation of deacons, elders, and ministers. More information about the timing of this activity to follow.
8. Did you know that we have updated reports from our missionaries on a regular basis? Please check the missions tab in our bulletin to read through these reports and learn how you can support our missionaries.
9. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
1. Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Young Adults Prayer Meeting: Wednesday nights @ 7:45 – 9:30 pm –
Meeting ID: 868 9398 2884
2. Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from EM to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
In Christ, your brother, Soli Deo Gloria,
Nathan Willems – Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – a ministry of CBCGL.