Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Things can seem pretty hopeless at times. When the stressors of life keep pouring on the stress, it is difficult to take our focus off of our challenges and stresses and turn to the Lord. But consider what happens when we take our focus off the Lord?
When we stop turning to the Lord, we become either inward-focused so that the thing that matters most is getting what we want. Or we become overwhelmed by our circumstances and the situation. Our problems pile up and we run right into the walls of our own limitations. In the case of Peter who had been walking on the water, it meant that he began to sink – because he “Saw the waves” rather than keeping his focus on the one who enabled him to have firm footing on the waves. In the case of Ahab, it meant lying and murdering someone just to obtain some property that he wanted. He later paid for that with his own life. In the case of King David, it led to adultery, lying, manipulation, resignation to doing what is wrong, and murder. In my case, I’ve seen it lead to frustration, anger, and/or regret for things I’ve done or words that cannot be unspoken.
With an understanding that things don’t turn out right apart from the Lord, might I suggest that the best course of action is to turn to the Lord? Turning to the Lord could look like crying out in the midst of fear. Turning to the Lord could look like praying for justice in the face of clear injustices. Turning to the Lord looks like giving up our desire for vengeance and trusting the Lord to do what is right. Turning to the Lord looks like humbly confessing our sins – naming them, calling them what they are, and seeking the full, free forgiveness offered to us through His Son. Turning to the Lord could look like waiting to see where God is leading before jumping in and doing something. Turning to the Lord could look like taking time to sit, be still, and wait for the Lord, or to make time for meeting Him in prayer or through His Word.
What is keeping you from turning to the Lord? What can do you do to turn to the Lord this weekend.
Please continue to pray for Ukraine. Here is a suggested prayer if you are at a loss for words in how to pray.
24-7 Prayer – A Prayer for the Crisis in Ukraine (ENG).pdf
Thank you for kneeling on behalf of the people of Ukraine and Russia, and taking a stand (or a knee in prayer) against tyrannical despotism.
This Week (Mar. 25–Mar. 31, 2022):
1. Tonight, Mar. 25, 2022, we will have Friday Night Bible Study. Join us from 7:30-9:30 as we take time to sing, share, and study the topic of “A Life of Humble Service” from the life of Jesus. You can read John 13:1-20 in preparation or study what Jesus means when he says that his hour has come. Join us in person in Room A- 216 or online.
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. CrossPoint Community Sunday School and YAs Sunday School is on Mar. 27.
a. The Young Adults will be meeting at 9:45 am (in-person in Room A-202 and online)! We will be studying the Gospel of John and taking time for Scripture recitation (if we start on time). Info is found on the YAs Teams Chat Channel or the Facebook Messenger chat for the Teams Meeting Link.
b. “Big Survey, Big Screen Perspective” Sunday School is this Sunday in-person (Room A-216) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, Mar. 27, 2022, Pastor Nathan Willems will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for worship at CBCGL! You can also watch the live stream if you wish.
a. Text: Ezekiel 37:1-14
b. Title: Come Alive
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
4. This coming Wednesday, Mar. 30, 2022, at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. We’ll spend time praying for Ukraine and reflecting on Lenten devotional. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Administration / Events
5. CBCGL’s COVID-19 guidance is being updated. If you have not completed a waiver, please do so. You can find the most up-to-date waiver at http://bit.ly/cbcgl-covid19-waiver. You must have completed this form and follow its guidance if you plan to participate in any in-person church activities. Note: please find updated COVID-19 Guidance for CBCGL in the COVID-19 Sidebar Tab in the announcements.
a. For example, Lunch and nursery service is back at CBCGL since March 13, 2022.
b. Also, the taskforce has notified all ministries that we will no longer be taking temperatures nor requiring face masks. Please note, you are welcome to wear facemasks to church.
6. The father of Ting Che has passed away within the past week. You are invited to join the memorial service virtually tomorrow afternoon. Here is the information: “In honor of my dear father, Professor Chaoyoung Che, we cordially invite you to the memorial service to honor God’s glory and celebrate his life on 2022/3/26 10:30 AM (1:30 pm EDT)”
Topic: Professor Chaoyoung Che Memorial Service (車朝陽弟兄)
Time: Mar 26, 2022 10:30 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada) (Via Zoom)
Meeting ID: 658 498 2908
In His Love we trust! Timothy and Terri; Angie Jonathan Abagail
7. Lunch service is back at CBCGL! To place an order, please use the following link: https://forms.gle/SJBrwGF4nb5w564DA Orders need to be placed by Friday at 11 pm so that we can prepare the correct amount of food.
8. Did you know that we have updated reports from our missionaries on a regular basis? Please check the missions tab in our bulletin to read through these reports and learn how you can support our missionaries. This week, there is an update about Candy Zhang (serving in England with COCM).
9. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
https://www.cbcgl.org/bulletin/ – Particularly, check out the Children’s ministry Tab to sign-up, show-up, serve, and see God at work in the next generation!
1. Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from CPC to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL