Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
God has given us the task of watchmen. We are not some rag-tag group of comic book characters. We are people who are to pay attention to what God is doing. We are to take time to listen and attend to God’s Word. We are to keep watch over our lives and care for our family and friends.
A watchman’s task is not just to watch. We, as watchmen, are also to give warning. We are to speak God’s Word to those around us. God’s Word is life-giving and gracious. Even calls of repentance are a thing of grace because they call us to return to the One who alone gives life. In 2022, who in your life needs to know the good things that God has done? Who in your life needs to know about the salvation that is freely offered to us through the work of the Spirit of God and through the life, death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ?
Take time right now. Stop reading and pray. Ask God to give you boldness and courage to speak his words. God is faithful to hear and answer prayer. More than boldness and courage, pray that God would work in the lives of your family and friends so that they may hear God’s Word, and be changed, given the new life that is available to all who believe in Him. May God advance His kingdom through us for the glory of God alone in 2022.
Here are some special events and activities that are happening this month which we don’t want you to miss!
1. Tonight, we will continue to have the option of in-person fellowship (assuming our parking lot will be plowed). The Youth Ministry will cancel in-person activities (and just have an informal hangout on Discord). I think that the Children’s Ministry will be fully online. Children’s Ministry will send out an e-mail with their updated plans.
2. On Jan. 9, 2022, this coming Sunday, during the Sunday School hour, we will have TC and Lori Tang share what they have learned from the book “Becoming a Welcoming Church.” We will benefit from their sharing so that we might be even better at welcoming others at CrossPoint Community. Join us in A-202, beginning at 9:45 am. If needed for social distancing, we will move to A-210, but we will decide that on Jan. 9.
3. On Jan. 16, 2022, in the afternoon from 1:30 to 4:30 pm, in room A-202, we will have our Bible Study Leaders Training. This will be a time to understand 5 things we need to know as we lead Bible Studies; what is Bible Study; Why we Study the Bible; some barriers to Bible Study; and some methods for Bible Study. We hope you can join us!
This Week (Jan. 6 –Jan. 13, 2022):
1. Tonight, on Jan. 07, 2022, we will have Friday Night Bible Study. Join us from 7:30-9:30 as we take time to sing, share, and study the topic of how Jesus is “The Light in the Darkness.” You can join in-person in Room A-216 or online. https://zoom.us/j/685376249?pwd=cWtyUk1pckJiRHJxZVZCSGdJZWw2UT09
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. CrossPoint Community Sunday School and YAs Sunday School – on Jan. 9 – is in-person at 9:45 am. We will have a combined Sunday School in room A-202, taking time to hear from TC and Lori Tang as they share lessons learned from Thom Rainer’s book, “Becoming a Welcoming Church.”
3. This Sunday, Jan. 9, 2022, Pastor Raymond Lee will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for worship at CBCGL! You can also watch the live stream if you wish.
a. Text: 2 Timothy 3:16-17
b. Title: I’m Glad You Asked: 1. How is the Bible Unique?
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
4. This coming Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2022, at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. We’ll spend time using Scripture to inform our prayers and then share our requests and prayer together. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Announcements / Events:
5. CBCGL’s COVID-19 waiver form has been updated. If you have not completed a waiver, please do so. You can find the updated waiver at http://bit.ly/cbcgl-covid19-waiver. You must have completed this form and follow its guidance if you plan to participate in any in-person church activities. Note: the following is the most recent guidance from the COVID task force.
a. Wearing a face mask is required to attend indoor church activities regardless of vaccination status except when preaching, teaching, or leading the worship service.
b. After international or domestic travel by plane, self-quarantine for ten days before attending church in-person activities or follow state and CDC recommendations or requirements (such as fully vaccinated individuals who have traveled obtaining a negative COVID Test before in-person participation).
c. MPR room is limited to only no contact sports, e. g. pong-pong, badminton, etc., and otherwise pre-approved activities.
6. On Jan. 16th or 23rd, CBCGL will hold the installation of deacons, elders, and ministers. More information about the timing of this activity to follow.
7. Did you know that we have updated reports from our missionaries on a regular basis? Please check the missions tab in our bulletin to read through these reports and learn how you can support our missionaries.
8. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
1. Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Young Adults Prayer Meeting: Wednesday nights @ 7:45 – 9:30 pm –
Meeting ID: 868 9398 2884
2. Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from EM to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL.