Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Important Note: Sunday (Nov. 7, 2021) is Daylight Savings. So Fall Back (at 2 am)! Get an extra hour of sleep and come refreshed, ready to worship the Lord! But also be ready to welcome sunset at 4:30 pm…
This coming Sunday, November 7th, is the international day of prayer for the persecuted church. This is facilitated by Voice of the Martyrs (VOM). In Nazi-Occupied Romania, Sabina Wurmbrand and her husband, Richard, had a choice. Follow Jesus, at great personal risk, or not. They chose to follow our Lord.
Here is a short video depicting their choice, done by VOM.
D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones said: “Is there anything that can be of greater practical value to the Christian who is anxious to live a truly Christian life than to follow such good examples? Is there anything that so helps us in our endeavor to attain unto that ultimate goal than to read the lives of God’s saints, the biographies of good, godly men and women?” Because spiritual biographies of Christians can be of great benefit to us, once a month, I am going to include a brief biography, or a short story from the lives of Christians past, to encourage us to follow Jesus today.
If you are interested in knowing how to pray for our brothers and sisters in the persecuted church, please see the image below. Then take time, right now, to pray for them.
This Week (Nov. 5 – Nov. 11):
1. Tonight, on Nov. 5, 2021, we will have Friday Night Bible Study. Join us at 7:30 as we take time to sing, share and study together “Confidence in the midst of Conflict” from the life of Abraham in Genesis 13. You can join in person in Room A-216 or online. https://zoom.us/j/685376249?pwd=cWtyUk1pckJiRHJxZVZCSGdJZWw2UT09
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. CrossPoint Community Sunday School and YAs Sunday School – on Nov. 7 – is meeting in-person / and Online at 9:45 am.
a. The Young Adults will be meeting at 9:45 am (in-person in Room A-202 and online)! We will be studying the Gospel of John and taking time for Scripture recitation. Info is found on the YAs Teams Chat Channel or the Facebook Messenger chat for the Teams Meeting Link.
b. “A Guide to Christian Beliefs” Sunday School is this Sunday in-person (Room A-216) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone:+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, Nov. 7, Pastor Nathan Willems will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for in-person worship!
a. Text: Philippians 3:12-4:1
b. Title: Straining Forward and Standing Firm
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
d. We will be celebrating communion together. Praise God for the sacrifice which Jesus has made for you and for me!
4. This coming Wednesday, Nov. 10, at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Administration / Events
5. CBCGL’s COVID-19 waiver form has been updated. If you have not completed a waiver, please do so. You can find the updated waiver at http://bit.ly/cbcgl-covid19-waiver. You must have completed this form and follow its guidance if you plan to participate in any in-person church activities. Note: the following is the most recent guidance from the COVID task force.
a. Wearing a face mask is required to attend indoor church activities regardless of vaccination status except when preaching, teaching, or leading the worship service.
b. After international or domestic travel by plane, self-quarantine for ten days before attending church in-person activities or follow state and CDC recommendations or requirements (such as fully vaccinated individuals who have traveled obtaining a negative COVID Test before in-person participation).
c. MPR room is limited only for no contact sports, e. g. pong-pong, badminton, etc., and otherwise pre-approved activities.
6. We invite you to join our Alpha Tuesday Online Course for Adults and Youth this coming Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2021, 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm. #AlphaCourse for adults and youth is a chance to explore life and the Christian faith in a friendly, open, and informal online environment. Join us for a great conversation with others who are exploring life and faith; no strings attached.
Sept. 28, 2021 – Dec. 14, 2021, 7:30pm – 8:30pm (1 hour – EST).
Here is the Zoom Meeting Info:
Meeting ID: 820 8069 5483
Contact: Marina Lam
7. Join us for Thanksgiving Lunch! To help us know how many people are coming, we are asking people to sign up in advance, so we have enough food. To sign up, please use the following link: https://forms.office.com/r/rP5UzF59A4
To sign-up to help out/serve, please use the following link as well (make sure you sign-up above as well): https://forms.office.com/r/7A9p4sbnFs
8. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you cannot participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Young Adults Prayer Meeting: Wednesday nights @ 7:45 – 9:30 pm –
Meeting ID: 868 9398 2884
Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from EM to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link: