Important Note: Today is the final direct e-mail update you will receive containing CrossPoint Community News. You can still receive updates via the church website by subscribing to CrossPoint Community Ministry News (via the “Subscribe to our News” button at the bottom of the webpage). Please subscribe!
God is at work among us and around us. Last week, through our ministry reports and congregational meeting, you got to hear how God is at work among us. I also want to let you know some of the ways that God is working around us. One way that God is working is through the Pregnancy Care Center in Lowell. They recently had a fundraising banquet where they shared some of the work that they are doing. Here is a video for you to watch. (I’ve seen from 4:39 – 13:08).
Also, God is working through ACCESS (American Chinese Christian Educational & Social Services) in Chinatown. The Director of Children and Families, Annie Tran, had come and shared with our congregation during a Sunday School hour. There have also been people from CBCGL who served there this past Summer. You can find their annual report here:
Please keep them in your prayers. They are going through a number of staff transitions because of the wide-open job market. They are looking for part-time, after-school volunteers to come and be models of Christ to the kids in the after-school program. If you are interested or know someone who might be interested, please let me know! I’m glad to connect you with this incredible ministry opportunity.
This Week (Oct. 29 – Nov. 4):
1. Tonight, on Oct. 29, 2021, we will have Friday Night Bible Study. Join us at 7:30 as we take time to sing, share and study together “Confidence in the Face of Fear” from the life of Abraham in Genesis 12:10-20 and 13:1-4. You can join in person in Room A-216 or online. https://zoom.us/j/685376249?pwd=cWtyUk1pckJiRHJxZVZCSGdJZWw2UT09
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. CrossPoint Community Sunday School and YAs Sunday School – on Oct. 31 – is meeting in-person / and Online at 9:45 am.
a. The Young Adults will be meeting at 9:45 am (in-person in Room A-202 and online)! We will be studying the Gospel of John and taking time for Scripture recitation. Info is found on the YAs Teams Chat Channel or the Facebook Messenger chat for the Teams Meeting Link.
b. “A Guide to Christian Beliefs” Sunday School is this Sunday in-person (Room A-216) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone:+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, Oct. 31, Pastor Nathan Willems will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for in-person worship!
a. Text: Philippians 1:21, 23; 2:27
b. Title: The Gain and Loss of Death
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
4. This coming Wednesday, Nov. 3, at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Administration / Events
5. CBCGL’s COVID-19 waiver form has been updated. If you have not completed a waiver, please do so. You can find the updated waiver at http://bit.ly/cbcgl-covid19-waiver. You must have completed this form and follow its guidance if you plan to participate in any in-person church activities. Note: the following is the most recent guidance from the COVID task force.
a. Wearing a face mask is required to attend indoor church activities regardless of vaccination status except when preaching, teaching, or leading the worship service.
b. After international or domestic travel by plane, self-quarantine for ten days before attending church in-person activities or follow state and CDC recommendations or requirements (such as fully vaccinated individuals who have traveled obtaining a negative COVID Test before in-person participation).
c. MPR room is limited only for no contact sports, e. g. pong-pong, badminton, etc., and otherwise pre-approved activities.
6. We invite you to join our Alpha Tuesday Online Course for Adults and Youth this coming Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2021, 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm. #AlphaCourse for adults and youth is a chance to explore life and the Christian faith in a friendly, open, and informal online environment. Join us for a great conversation with others who are exploring life and faith; no strings attached.
Sept. 28, 2021 – Dec. 14, 2021, 7:30pm – 8:30pm (1 hour – EST).
Here is the Zoom Meeting Info:
Meeting ID: 820 8069 5483
Contact: Marina Lam
7. Lunch is back at CBCGL! You can now get a $4 pre-boxed lunch from the cafeteria (as we follow all regulations and guidelines for food service). In order to obtain lunch, you must pre-order by 11 pm on the preceding Friday (e.g. Oct. 29 for Oct. 31 lunch, etc.). Please bring your own drink! Here is the link:
8. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you cannot participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Young Adults Prayer Meeting: Wednesday nights @ 7:45 – 9:30 pm –
Meeting ID: 868 9398 2884
Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from EM to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Nathan Willems – Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL