Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
“I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob are not consumed.” – Malachi 3:6
Tomorrow night, HBtoo! will meet at CBCGL. We are talking this fall and winter about tough questions that Christians face. The first question we are tackling is “What is your God like?” Everyone has an idea of who God is (even atheists have an idea of what God is not like). So we are talking about who God is. Thankfully, we serve a God who doesn’t change.
This coming Tuesday, CrossPoint Community’s Alpha Tuesday is beginning at 7:30 pm (coworkers are meeting at 7 pm for prayer). We are still looking for hosts and helpers. Please keep this activity in your prayers. Our God wants people to know, love, and follow Him.
With the return to church, and the pandemic still present, we are doing what we can to have in-person ministry while maintaining safe practices and spaces. If you find yourself anxious about returning to church, I’d be glad to talk with you about your concerns and your options. We are people who are called by God to worship together. Our God calls us into community to support, encourage and spur one another on towards love and good deeds.
Next Sunday: October 3rd, during the Sunday School Hour, CrossPoint Community will have its’ first town hall meeting as “CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL.” We look forward to seeing you there!
This Week (Sept. 24 – Sept. 30, 2021):
- Tonight, Sept. 24, 2021 we will have Friday Night Bible Study. Join us at 7:30 as we take time to sing, share and study together “Sure of the Truth” from 1 John 2:18-29. You can join online or in-person via Room A-216!
- Meeting ID: 685 376 249
- Password: 840840
- Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. CrossPoint Community Sunday School and YAs Sunday School – on September 26 – is meeting in-person / and Online at 9:45 am.
- The Young Adults will be meeting at 9:45 am (in-person in Room A-202 and online)! Studying the Gospel of John and taking time for Scripture recitation. Info is found on the YAs Teams Chat Channel or in the Facebook Messenger chat for the Teams Meeting Link.
- “A Guide to Christian Beliefs” Sunday School is this Sunday in-person (Room A-216) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone:+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
- This Sunday, Sept. 26, Elder Jeremy Wu will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for in-person worship!
- Text: Matthew 4:1-11
- Title: Divine Temptation
- Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
- Coworker reminder.
Administration / Events
- CBCGL’s COVID-19 waiver form has been updated. If you haven’t completed a waiver, please do so. The updated waiver can be found at http://bit.ly/cbcgl-covid19-waiver. You are required to have completed this form and follow its guidance if you plan to participate in any in-person church activities. Note: there is updated guidance from the COVID taskforce.
- Wearing face mask is required to attend church indoor activities regardless of vaccination status except when preaching, teaching or leading worship service.
- After international or domestic travel by plane, self-quarantine for 10 days before attending church in-person activities or follow state and CDC recommendations or requirements.
- MPR room is limited only for no contact sports, e. g. pong-pong, badminton and etc and otherwise pre-approved activities.
5. CPCM Alpha Tuesday Online Course for Adults and Youth
Sept. 28, 2021 – Dec. 14, 2021, 7:30pm – 8:30pm (1 hour).
Event: US EST Tuesday 7:30 PM, Hong Kong: Wednesday morning 7:30 AM
Here’s the Zoom Meeting Info:
Meeting ID: 820 8069 5483
Contact: Marina Lam
6. Meet with Angie and me (preferably in person)! We are now hosting meetings online or in our home, or at church, for participants in CrossPoint Community Ministry. To sign-up, use the following link: https://lowellchurch-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/nathan_willems_lowell_church/EccUw7hTOn1IkeJ_B1Eqp8EBUIKksUtMSLDZwEh0buI3SA?e=UPtpIM
7. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
Our time and words in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Young Adults Prayer Meeting: Wednesday nights @ 7:45 – 9:30 pm –
Meeting ID: 868 9398 2884
Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from EM to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Nathan Willems (Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL)