Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
This morning, as I looked out my window, I saw water droplets clinging to the needles of young pine trees in my backyard. It had rained last night and the moisture that remained in the air still clung to the trees. Difficult seasons in our lives can feel like this. We go through storms and rain of life, and the effects linger. We may even feel burdened by the weight of the memories of pain and regrets.
The reason that I could see the droplets is that they were glistening in the morning’s piercing light. As the trees parted to allow for the sun’s warming rays, the yard below was illumined and beautified. I paused a moment in awe of the sheer wonder and beauty of it. The goodness of God can transform our struggles and pains, the storms and rains, of life. When our God, who is light, shines through the darkness, it creates a beauty and wonder that would not be possible without the presence of the weighty memories. God’s goodness is so good, it transforms ashes and burdens into life and beauty.
The way of the Lord is the way through the valley. The way of the Lord is the way of the cross. The way of the Lord is the path of humiliation. We remember on Good Friday, particularly that our Lord knows what it is like to walk in the way of the Lord. He has taken on our problems, pains, and persistent memories of pain and regret. More than this, he has taken the fullness of our sin, so that he could suffer the fullness of the wrath of God, in our place, for us. The greatest evil, the death of the Son of God, cannot overcome the goodness of our Lord God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Yes, let us feel the weightiness of Good Friday, without forgetting that Sunday is coming.
Please continue to pray for Ukraine. Here is a suggested prayer if you are at a loss for words in how to pray: 24-7 Prayer – A Prayer for the Crisis in Ukraine (ENG).pdf Thank you for kneeling on behalf of the people of Ukraine and Russia, and taking a stand (or a knee in prayer) against tyrannical despotism.
This Week (Apr. 15–Apr. 21, 2022):
1. Tonight, Friday, Apr. 15, 2022, we will have our Good Friday Service. Join us from 7:30-8:30 as we take time to sing, listen, reflect, and take communion. You can read John 19 in preparation. Join us in person in the Cantonese Sanctuary (Downstairs, Bldg A – the old building) or online via our livestream option. Note, if you are joining for the live stream, please prepare communion elements.
2. CrossPoint Community Sunday School and YAs Sunday School is cancelled on April 17, for the special Easter Service followed by the baptism and child dedication service. Sunday School will resume on April 24th, beginning a new series called, “Radical and Practical Generosity”.
3. This Sunday, Apr. 17, 2022, beginning at 9:45 am, Pastor Nathan Willems will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for worship at CBCGL! You can also watch the live stream if you wish.
a. Text: Romans 6:3-14
b. Title: Walk in Newness of Life
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
d. Special Easter Family Festivities will take place from 2 to 4 pm – If you’re signed up to serve, thanks! If you have friends, invite them!
4. Each Wednesday, Apr. 20, 2022, at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. We’ll spend time praying for Ukraine as well as praying for Muslims who are fasting during Ramadan. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Administration / Events
5. CBCGL’s COVID-19 guidance has been updated. We still are following CDC guidance for travel and participation in activities following travel. But we are no longer requiring new guests to complete the waiver form.
a. Also, the taskforce has notified all ministries that we will no longer be taking temperatures nor requiring face masks. Please note, you are welcome to wear facemasks to church.
6. Lunch service is back at CBCGL! To place an order, please use the following link: https://forms.gle/SJBrwGF4nb5w564DA Orders need to be placed by Friday at 11 pm so that we can prepare the correct amount of food. Note: The selection which states “Number of Meals” refers to the cooked food/lunch box/Chinese food option.
7. Did you know that we have updated reports from our missionaries on a regular basis? Please check the missions tab in our bulletin to read through these reports and learn how you can support our missionaries. This week, there is an update about Rob and Lisa MacEwan (serving in the Netherlands at Tyndale Theological Seminary).
8. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
https://www.cbcgl.org/bulletin/ – Particularly, check out the Children’s ministry Tab to sign-up, show-up, serve, and see God at work in the next generation!
1. Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from CPC to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL