Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Last week was Good Friday. We took time to celebrate the death of our Lord Jesus Christ, his crucifixion, taking our sins, bearing our shame, as the perfect Son of God. Praise God he is alive today!
Today is Earth Day. Perhaps you have seen the google doodles today. The differences in the picture show us the problem. What should we do? Google doodles don’t prescribe answers. But God’s word does.
We are called to care for God’s creation. It is His world. He gave humans the creation care mandate – to have dominion over creation (Gen. 1:26-27). In fact, God put Adam and Eve in the garden and gave them the responsibility to work it and keep it (Gen. 2:15). These tasks for caring for creation were given prior to sin. They are good commands. They are commands given for our good too.
When we care for God’s creation, we are helping the land to flourish, produce abundantly, rest as needed, and provide home, habitat, and sanctuary for the diversity of animals that God has created. Moreover, when we care for God’s creation, we are tending the space where our children and grandchildren, and great-grandchildren will live, move and have their being. So when we care for God’s creation, we are caring for present biodiversity and our posterity.
But we do more when we care for God’s creation. We are pointing others to the glory of God. We learn in Rom. 1 that God’s character – his eternal power and divine nature, have clearly been understood from creation, from our world, so that men are without excuse. As we care for creation, we are tending the world which points to God’s power and divine nature, creating opportunities for wonder and awe, which are fulfilled when we share Jesus Christ with them.
Take time today to thank our Creator, and praise him for the characteristics you see in creation. But also consider what you can do differently to take better care of the earth.
May God have mercy; please continue to pray for Ukraine. Here is a suggested prayer if you are at a loss for words in how to pray: 24-7 Prayer – A Prayer for the Crisis in Ukraine (ENG).pdf Thank you for kneeling on behalf of the people of Ukraine and Russia, and taking a stand (or a knee in prayer) against tyrannical despotism.
This Week (Apr. 22–Apr. 28, 2022):
1. Tonight, April 22, 2022, we will have Friday Night Bible Study. Join us from 7:30-9:30 as we take time to sing, share, and study the topic of “A Life of Trust” from the life of Jesus. You can read John 15:9-17 in preparation. Join us in person in Room A-216 or online.
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. CrossPoint Community Sunday School and YAs Sunday School will begin a combined Sunday School on this Sunday, April 24, called, “Radical and Practical Generosity”. Please join us in the Upstairs Cafeteria (Room A-202) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, April 24, 2022, at 1:30 pm we have our annual State of the Church meeting. All members are invited to join us as we welcome new members (one from CPC!), report on our annual plans and goals for various ministries, followed by a half hour of free sharing and questions. There will be refreshments and a group photo of the church family after the meeting. All members and regular attendees are invited to join us. Also, please keep praying for God’s kingdom to be advanced through CPC and CBCGL, so that God’s glory will fill the earth.
4. This Sunday, Apr. 24, 2022, at 11:25 am, Pastor Steven Chin will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for worship at CBCGL! You can also watch the live stream if you wish.
a. Text: 1 Peter 4:7-11
b. Title: Living in Light of the End
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
d. State of the Church meeting will take place at 1:30 pm – See #3 above.
5. Each Wednesday, for example, this coming Apr. 27, 2022, at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. We’ll spend time praying for Ukraine as well as praying for Muslims who are fasting during Ramadan. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Administration / Events
1. We invite you to join our Alpha Tuesday Online Course this coming Tuesday, April 26 2022, 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm. #AlphaCourse for adults and youth is a chance to explore life and the Christian faith in a friendly, open, and informal online environment. Join us for a great conversation with others who are exploring life and faith; no strings attached.
Apr. 26, 2022 – June 28, 2022, 7:30pm – 8:30pm (1 hour – EST).
Here is the Zoom Meeting Info:
Meeting ID: 820 8069 5483
Contact: Marina Lam
2. CBCGL’s COVID-19 guidance has been updated. We still are following CDC guidance for travel and participation in activities following travel or exposure to a positive case. We are no longer requiring new guests to complete the waiver form.
a. Also, the taskforce has notified all ministries that we will no longer be taking temperatures but are once again recommending face masks. Please note, that you are once again recommended to wear facemasks to church.
3. Lunch service is back at CBCGL! To place an order, please use the following link: https://forms.gle/SJBrwGF4nb5w564DA Orders need to be placed by Friday at 11 pm so that we can prepare the correct amount of food. Note: The selection which states “Number of Meals” refers to the cooked food/lunch box/Chinese food option.
4. Did you know that we have updated reports from our missionaries on a regular basis? Please check the missions tab in our bulletin to read through these reports and learn how you can support our missionaries. This week, there is an update about T and C working to mobilize workers to serve in Africa. Check it out!
5. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin) – Particularly, check out the Children’s ministry Tab to sign-up, show-up, serve, and see God at work in the next generation!
1. Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from CPC to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL