Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
This morning, in advance of Mother’s Day, pray this prayer with me:
We praise you God for the new life that you have given to so many women in our church through your son Jesus Christ. We praise you for the life you have given to those who are pregnant or who have given birth since this time last year. We praise you along with those who have adopted or who have known the joys of foster parenting or being a grandmother. We thank you for our moms who have diligently wiped our noses and our bottoms. We thank you for their tireless service in doing the laundry or making meals. We thank you for their prayers for us. We thank you for those women who have served as spiritual mothers, mentoring us and caring for our spiritual growth.
But we know that being a mother is not always filled with joy. Lord, we mourn with those women who have experienced a miscarriage or a failed adoption. We pray that you would give strength and hope to those who have had children walk away from the family and to those who have tried so hard to conceive but haven’t been able to. We grieve with those who have lost a child through death, or who have had to give up a child in adoption, knowing that the loss does not ever go away. We ask that you would heal the brokenness and show your presence to these women who have experienced weakness, vulnerability and pain.
We also ask for your help. Help us to forgive our mothers who have hurt us. Help us to not be insensitive through our careless words to those who are struggling with infertility or miscarriages. Help those who have lost their mother this year to grieve well and celebrate their mom, who was made in your image. We ask that you will fulfill the desires of those women in our church who long to be married and have kids but who haven’t yet.
Thank you that you will answer these prayers we have prayed specifically regarding our mothers or those who have been mothers or those who long to be mothers. We know that you are a God who provides. Hear their heart’s cry which says, “How Long O Lord?”
We also thank you for the revelatory role that mothers play in our lives. It is through our mothers that we have seen so much of your character. Through our mothers, we have experienced sacrificial love, constant care, patient correction, persistent instruction, obvious wisdom, and generous hospitality – all of which are echoes of the love, care, correction, instruction, wisdom, and hospitality that you show us. Thank you that our mothers, through their being and doing, point us to you.
We thank you that you have provided for us our mothers, or older women who have cared for us and raised us.
You alone are worthy of our worship. Amen.
May God have mercy, and please continue to pray for Ukraine. Many of the refugees from Ukraine are women and children. Here is a suggested prayer if you are at a loss for words in how to pray: 24-7 Prayer – A Prayer for the Crisis in Ukraine (ENG).pdf Thank you for kneeling on behalf of the people of Ukraine and Russia, and taking a stand (or a knee in prayer) against tyrannical despotism.
This Week (May 6 – May 12, 2022):
1. Tonight, May 6, 2022, we will have Friday Night Bible Study. Join us from 7:30-9:30 as we take time to sing, share, and study the topic of “A Life of Victory” from the life of Jesus. You can read John 16 in preparation. Join us in person in Room A-216 or online.
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. CrossPoint Community Sunday School and YAs Sunday School will continue our combined Sunday School on this Sunday, May 8, called, “Radical and Practical Generosity”. We’ll be talking about Motivations and Movements in Generosity. Please join us in the Upstairs Cafeteria (Room A-202) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, May 8, 2022, at 11:25 am, Pastor Nathan Willems will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for worship at CBCGL! You can also watch the live stream if you wish.
a. Text: Gen. 3:20-21
b. Title: Her name is Eve
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
4. Each Wednesday, for example, this coming May 11, 2022, at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. We’ll spend time praying for Ukraine as well as praying for CrossPoint Community. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Administration / Events
1. We invite you to join our Alpha Tuesday Online Course this coming Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm. #AlphaCourse for adults and youth is a chance to explore life and the Christian faith in a friendly, open, and informal online environment. Join us for a great conversation with others who are exploring life and faith; no strings attached.
Apr. 26, 2022 – June 28, 2022, 7:30pm – 8:30pm (1 hour – EST).
Here is the Zoom Meeting Info:
Meeting ID: 820 8069 5483
Contact: Marina Lam
2. CBCGL’s COVID-19 guidance has been updated. We still are following CDC guidance for travel and participation in activities following travel or exposure to a positive case. We are no longer requiring new guests to complete the waiver form.
a. Also, the task force has notified all ministries that we will no longer be taking temperatures but are once again recommending face masks. Please note, that you are once again recommended to wear facemasks to church.
3. Lunch service is back at CBCGL! To place an order, please use the following link: https://forms.gle/SJBrwGF4nb5w564DA Orders need to be placed by Friday at 11 pm so that we can prepare the correct amount of food. Note: The selection which states “Number of Meals” refers to the cooked food/lunch box/Chinese food option.
4. Did you know that we have updated reports from our missionaries on a regular basis? Please check the missions tab in our bulletin to read through these reports and learn how you can support our missionaries. This week, there is an update about the Cheng Family working to raise up indigenous pastors in Japan. Check it out!
5. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
– Particularly, check out the Children’s ministry Tab to sign-up, show-up, serve, and see God at work in the next generation!
1. Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from CPC to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL