Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
While I was dreaming last night, the Lord impressed on me that some things come together (that one is dependent on the other). [Perhaps it was related to the book on symbiotic relationships that I read to my youngest!] What are some things in life that you know that come together?
For example, growth doesn’t happen without change. Something must change in order for their to be growth. What are some ways that the Lord is calling you to change so that you can grow?
Another couple of things that come together are harvest and planting. You can’t obtain a harvest of a specific crop from an open garden plot or a field unless you have done the work of planting. We planted some herbs, in the hopes of harvesting them in the future.
Another couple of things that come together are growth in patience and suffering. In fact, another word for patience is longsuffering. Suffering, while not pleasant, works in us to bring about patience as we wait for the Lord’s work. What is the Lord doing to grow you in patience?
The Apostle James explains that some things that come together are faith and works. If you say that you have faith (trust, within the Christian context, trust in God), then it will show in your works. Faith is not merely intellectual assent. Faith, to be faith, requires that we take action. So James writes in 2:26 “For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.”
Another couple of things that show up together are children and parents. Without parents, children wouldn’t exist. Without parents, children wouldn’t survive. Without parents, children won’t thrive. Tonight, you’ll have an opportunity to hear about foster care and adoption possibilities within Middlesex County, MA. The Department of Children and Families will come to share about the urgent need for foster parents and adoptive parents. Join us in the Main Sanctuary at 7:30 pm or join online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 857 4423 2540
May God have mercy, and please continue to pray for Ukraine. Here is a suggested prayer if you are at a loss for words in how to pray: 24-7 Prayer – A Prayer for the Crisis in Ukraine (ENG).pdf Thank you for kneeling on behalf of the people of Ukraine and Russia, and taking a stand (or a knee in prayer) against tyrannical despotism.
This Week (May 13 – May 19, 2022):
1. Tonight, May 13, 2022, we will have Friday Night Bible Study. We will begin with a presentation from the Department of Children and Families in the Main Sanctuary (as noted above). Join us from 7:30-9:30 as we take time to sing, share, and study the topic “Stand Strong to the End”. You can read Matthew 24:1-14 in preparation. Join us in person in Room A-216 or online.
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. CrossPoint Community Sunday School and YAs Sunday School will continue our combined Sunday School on this Sunday, May 15, called, “Radical and Practical Generosity”. We’ll be talking about the 3 S Framework and Spenders. Please join us in the Upstairs Cafeteria (Room A-202) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, May 15, 2022, at 11:25 am, Pastor Raymond Lee will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for worship at CBCGL! You can also watch the live stream if you wish.
a. Text: Jeremiah 33:3
b. Title: When God says ‘No’
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
4. Each Wednesday, for example, this coming May 18, 2022, at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. We’ll spend time praying for Ukraine as well as praying for CrossPoint Community. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Administration / Events
1. We invite you to join our Alpha Tuesday Online Course this coming Tuesday, May 17, 2022, 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm. #AlphaCourse for adults and youth is a chance to explore life and the Christian faith in a friendly, open, and informal online environment. Join us for a great conversation with others who are exploring life and faith; no strings attached.
Apr. 26, 2022 – June 28, 2022, 7:30pm – 8:30pm (1 hour – EST).
Here is the Zoom Meeting Info:
Meeting ID: 820 8069 5483
Contact: Marina Lam
2. CBCGL’s COVID-19 guidance has been updated. We still are following CDC guidance for travel and participation in activities following travel or exposure to a positive case. We are no longer requiring new guests to complete the waiver form.
a. Also, the taskforce has notified all ministries that we will no longer be taking temperatures but are once again recommending face masks. Please note, you are once again recommended to wear facemasks to church.
3. Lunch service is back at CBCGL! To place an order, please use the following link: https://forms.gle/SJBrwGF4nb5w564DA Orders need to be placed by Friday at 11 pm so that we can prepare the correct amount of food. Note: The selection which states “Number of Meals” refers to the cooked food/lunch box/Chinese food option.
4. Did you know that we have updated reports from our missionaries on a regular basis? Please check the missions tab in our bulletin to read through these reports and learn how you can support our missionaries. This week, there is an update about the Cheng Family working to raise up indigenous pastors in Japan. Check it out!
5. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
– Particularly, check out the Children’s ministry Tab to sign-up, show-up, serve, and see God at work in the next generation!
1. Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from CPC to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Rev. Dr. Nathan Willems
Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL