Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
This week, we grieve with the families who are mourning the loss of Alexandria Aniyah Rubio, Alithia Ramirez, Amerie Jo Garza, Annabell Guadalupe Rodriguez, Eliahana Cruz Torres, Eliana “Ellie” Garcia, Eva Mireles, Irma Garcia, Jackie Cazares, Jailah Nicole Silguero, Jayce Luevanos, Jose Flores, Layla Salazar, Makenna Lee Elrod, Maite Rodriguez, Miranda Mathis, Nevaeh Bravo, Rojelio Torres, Tess Marie Mata, Uziyah Garcia, Xavier Lopez. Our God also grieves at this kind of senseless hate crime. This is not the way that things should be. Lord, have mercy.
The following will not help you grieve but will provide some context for the discussions around gun control that will be/are happening in light of the shooting in Uvalde, TX. It is a debate worth an hour of your time, especially on a weekend where we honor those who have given their lives while defending our freedoms:
Whatever your stance on gun control, may God have mercy on, and please continue to pray for Ukraine. Here is a suggested prayer if you are at a loss for words in how to pray: 24-7 Prayer – A Prayer for the Crisis in Ukraine (ENG).pdf Thank you for kneeling on behalf of the people of Ukraine and Russia, and taking a stand (or a knee in prayer) against tyrannical despotism.
This Week (May 27 – June 2, 2022):
1. Tonight, May 27, 2022, we will not have Friday Night Bible Study. The Bible Study will be taking a break due to Memorial Day Weekend. But the Empower Fellowship is still meeting!
2. CrossPoint Community Sunday School and YAs Sunday School and Empower will continue our combined Sunday School this Sunday, May 29, taking time for a discussion regarding outreach. Please join us in the Upstairs Cafeteria (Room A-202) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, May 29, 2022, at 11:25 am, Rev. Dr. Nathan Willems will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for worship at CBCGL! You can also watch the livestream if you wish.
a. Text: 1 Thess. 2:17-3:5
b. Title: Care and Concern for a Beloved Church
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
4. Each Wednesday, for example, this coming June 1, 2022, at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. We’ll spend time praying for Ukraine as well as praying for CrossPoint Community. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Administration / Events
1. We invite you to join our Alpha Tuesday Online Course this coming Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm. #AlphaCourse for adults and youth is a chance to explore life and the Christian faith in a friendly, open, and informal online environment. Join us for a great conversation with others who are exploring life and faith; no strings attached.
Apr. 26, 2022 – June 28, 2022, 7:30pm – 8:30pm (1 hour – EST).
Here is the Zoom Meeting Info:
Meeting ID: 820 8069 5483
Contact: Marina Lam
2. CBCGL’s COVID-19 guidance has been updated. We still are following CDC guidance for travel and participation in activities following travel or exposure to a positive case. We are no longer requiring new guests to complete the waiver form.
a. Please Note: the taskforce has notified all ministries that we are once again recommending face masks to be worn at church.
3. Lunch service is back at CBCGL! But this week, there is no lunch due to the Memorial Day Holiday.
4. Did you know that we have updated reports from our missionaries on a regular basis? Please check the missions tab in our bulletin to read through these reports and learn how you can support our missionaries. This week, there is an update about the Ronald Yu, who is entering retirement, following the past three years of mentoring a new leader for China Ministries International. Check it out!
5. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
– Particularly, check out the Children’s ministry Tab to sign-up, show-up, serve, and see God at work in the next generation!
1. Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? How can you join him in his kingdom work without prayer? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from CPC to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL