Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
As we approach Father’s Day (on June 19), please pray with me for our dads:
“Our Father in Heaven, you are the original father of all. Without you, we would not exist. Our being is contingent upon your being. Because You have a presence here in this world, we are enabled to have a presence here. Thank you for being the source, origin, creator of all that is good, right, true, beautiful, and pleasant in this world.
Just as we depend on you, we seek to imitate you. We pray for the fathers among us that you will help them to display steadfast love and faithfulness to you, to their wives and to their kids. We pray that you will help them to be compassionate towards their children the way that you are compassionate towards us. We ask that you will help our dads to act in ways that reflect your fatherhood, so that when we look at our dads, we catch glimpses of you.
We thank you for our dads. We thank you for their ability previously and/or presently to fix things, to play with us, to teach us skills, to cook us delicious food, to read to us, to encourage and support us. We thank you for how you have made dads to be the head servant in the family, using their earned resources, not for selfish gain, but for the advancement of others.
We lament and grieve that there have been times when our dads have not been present. Help us to know your presence. There have been times when our dads have responded in anger. Help us to know your meekness and patience. There have been times when our dads have discouraged or disappointed us. Help us to know your faithfulness and perfection, in that their imperfections point us to the hope that we find fulfilled in you.
Fathers need you today. Grant grace to our fathers that they may use their time, energy, strength, skills, knowledge, and ability to serve. Grant that our fathers may be sober-minded, dignified, self-controlled, sound in faith, in love, and in steadfastness. Help our dads not only be models of silly, clean jokes, but also models of good works, showing integrity, dignity, and sound speech that cannot be condemned. Help our fathers to know when and how to stand up in defense, where and when to use their strength to fight, when and why to turn the other cheek or take a knee. Help our fathers who are older to know how to invest in those who are younger so that love and wisdom are passed through the generations.
May you be honored and glorified through our fathers so that they remember you, know you who is from the beginning, and speak of you more excitedly than they speak of their favorite sports team or their kids or grandkids. We ask all of these things in the name of Jesus Christ, with the indwelling Holy Spirit, for your glory our God and Father. Amen.”
May God have mercy, and please continue to pray for Ukraine. Here is a suggested list of prayers if you are at a loss for words in how to pray: https://send.org/story/hh_pray_for_ukraine. Thank you for kneeling on behalf of the people of Ukraine and Russia, and taking a stand (or a knee in prayer) against the forces of darkness in this present age.
This Week (June 17 – June 23, 2022):
1. Tonight, June 17, 2022, we will have Friday Night Bible Study. Join us from 7:30-9:30 as we take time to sing, share, and study the topic “Keep Serving Faithfully”. You can read Matthew 24:42-51 in preparation. Join in person in Room A-216 or online.
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. CrossPoint Community Sunday School and YAs Sunday School will wrap up our combined Sunday School on this Sunday, June 19, called, “Radical and Practical Generosity”. We’ll be talking about writing a Generosity Covenant. Please join us in the Upstairs Cafeteria (Room A-202) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, June 19, 2022, at 11:25 am, Elder Sean Lee will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for worship at CBCGL! You can also watch the live stream if you wish.
a. Text: 1 Chr. 28:1-10
b. Title: An Inheritance of Abundance
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/live-stream/
4. Each Wednesday, for example, this coming June 22, 2022, at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. We’ll spend time praying for Ukraine as well as praying for CrossPoint Community. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Administration / Events
1. Invite your friends, neighbors, co-workers! Tomorrow, on June 18, beginning at 4 pm, CBCGL is having a Block Party (where we welcome the local community for games, food, and even a bouncy house). At 7 pm, we have the privilege of hosting the Hyssongs who will share a concert with us. We hope to see you there!
2. We invite you to join our Alpha Tuesday Online Course this coming Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm. #AlphaCourse for adults and youth is a chance to explore life and the Christian faith in a friendly, open, and informal online environment. Join us for a great conversation with others who are exploring life and faith; no strings attached.
Apr. 26, 2022 – June 28, 2022, 7:30pm – 8:30pm (1 hour – EST).
Here is the Zoom Meeting Info:
Meeting ID: 820 8069 5483
Contact: Marina Lam
3. CBCGL’s COVID-19 guidance has been updated. We still are following CDC guidance for travel and participation in activities following travel or exposure to a positive case. We are no longer requiring new guests to complete the waiver form.
a. Also, the taskforce has notified all ministries that we will no longer be taking temperatures but are once again recommending face masks. Please note, you are once again recommended to wear facemasks to church.
4. Lunch service is back at CBCGL! This Sunday, June 19, Dad’s eat free. You just need to pre-order. To place an order, please use the following link: https://forms.gle/SJBrwGF4nb5w564DA Orders need to be placed by Friday at 11 pm so that we can prepare the correct amount of food. Note: The selection which states “Number of Meals” refers to the cooked food/lunch box/Chinese food option.
5. Did you know that we have updated reports from our missionaries on a regular basis? Please check the missions tab in our bulletin to read through these reports and learn how you can support our missionaries. This week, there is an update about the Henry Lu, who leads the Check it out!
6. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
– Particularly, check out the Children’s ministry Tab to sign-up, show-up, serve, and see God at work in the next generation!
1. Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from CPC to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Rev. Dr. Nathan Willems
Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL