Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Tis the Season for caring! God has shown his care for us by coming to be one of us in order to give us life. And as we follow his lead, living with a recognition of all that He has done for us, we can be generous with the good things he has given to us.
The Local Missions Committee has planned out multiple opportunities for you to use what God has given to you in order to be a blessing. For example, some of you can sing. During this Christmas season, there will be opportunities to join Christmas caroling to declare our Savior’s birth. Even if you’re not a very strong singer, if you can carry a tune, join with other voices to sing praises to our God so that others might know of his power and might and goodness and grace.
You can’t sing well? No problem. Can you invite friends? Next Sunday afternoon, December 11, you can invite your friends to come to church and then stay for the afternoon when CBCGL will host a Kidney Disease Screening clinic. This clinic is free to all, no insurance is required, and is hosted by a team from Harvard. They will have a number of stations to check blood pressure, Blood Glucose, BMI, Urinalysis, and even a Physician consultation. This event will run from 1:30 to 4:30. Why not gain more information about your kidney health?
So you have a kidney or more likely two, but you probably also have things at home that are new or gently used that are just taking up space in your house. So, on Dec. 17th, you get to bring new or gently used items to church to be donated to the Lowell Wish Project – an organization that helps families locally. Aren’t sure if you should donate it? First, consider, would you give it to your grandmother? If not, don’t donate it. Second, check https://www.thewishproject.org/current-needs/ to see what they are in need of. Also, larger items should be donated directly to The Wish Project.
Finally, if you buy groceries, or someone in your home buys groceries, you can buy a few extra canned/dried/non-perishable items to donate to the Chelmsford Food Pantry. As a church, we want to use our abundance (because let’s be honest, you have more than you need!) to share with those who are in need. May God make us into generous Macedonians (cf. 2 Cor. 8), giving ourselves first to the Lord, and then giving our resources for the benefit of others. You can bring donations to the church by December 19 and drop them off in collection boxes near the building entrances.
And if you don’t care for the community, turn to God in repentance that you don’t care about the things he cares about. Ask God to fill you with love for Him first, and love for others, so that you are motivated to serve, give, and act to benefit others.
Please continue to pray for the nation of Ukraine. Here is a suggested list of prayers if you are at a loss for words in how to pray: https://send.org/story/hh_pray_for_ukraine. Thank you for kneeling on behalf of the people of Ukraine and Russia, and taking a stand (or a knee in prayer) against the forces of darkness in this present age.
This Week (Dec. 2 – Dec. 8, 2022):
1. Tonight, Dec. 2, 2022, the Living Stones Friday Night Bible Study is meeting from 7:30-9:30 to continue a study about God’s word. You can read James 1 in order to prepare. Join in person in Room A-216 or online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. The Living Stones Sunday School and Grace Ambassadors Sunday School is on Dec. 4.
a. The Grace Ambassadors (Young Adults) will be meeting at 9:45 am (in-person in Room A-202)! We will be studying Chapter 3 of Tim Keller’s Book – “Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy with God”. More info is found on the YAs Messenger Chat. For further info, contact Liu Jiang.
b. “Understanding the Old Testament” Sunday School is this Sunday at 9:45 in-person (Room A-216) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, Dec. 4, 2022, at 11:25 am, Pastor Nathan Willems will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for worship at CBCGL! You can also watch the live stream if you wish.
a. Text: Micah 5:2-5a
b. Title: He Shall Be Our Peace
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/live-stream/
4. Each Wednesday, for example, this coming December 7, 2022, at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. We’ll spend time praying for next year’s vision as well as praying for CrossPoint Community. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Administration / Events
1. Christmas Care activities are happening. Check out the introductory letter for more information about how you can be involved in serving this Christmas season.
2. CBCGL’s COVID-19 guidance has been updated. We still are following CDC guidance for travel and participation in activities following travel or exposure to a positive case. We are no longer requiring new guests to complete the waiver form.
a. Please note, you are recommended, but not required to wear facemasks to church.
3. Sunday Lunch Service is back at CBCGL with $5 lunchboxes! To place an order, please use the following link: https://forms.gle/SJBrwGF4nb5w564DA Orders need to be placed by Friday at 11 pm so that the kitchen can prepare the correct amount of food. Note: The selection which states “Number of Meals” refers to the cooked food/lunch box/Chinese food option.
4. We have a missions update! This week, we have an update from Jennifer and Rick Bell who serve with an eye toward East Asia. They long to return to serve the Lord in overseas missions, but for the time being, the Lord has called them to church replanting in Tennessee. Please check the missions tab in our bulletin to read through these reports and learn how you can support our missionaries.
5. Update: The “Skip a Dinner/Send a Bike” Fundraiser has been postponed for the time being. Please keep it in your prayers.
6. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin)
1. Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from CPC to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
You can also do so via the following link: https://www.cbcgl.org/pray/
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Rev. Dr. Nathan Willems
Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL