Remembering Jesus (What we talked about Last Week)
We were reminded about pride and how to grow in humility. We need to be people who submit to Christ, focus on others, and depend on God so that we can grow in humility, which means that it’s not all about us.
Depending on our Father like Jesus did (Prayer)
Prayer meeting is online tomorrow (Wed., Aug. 26, 8 pm). If you can, join prayer meeting Online – the link for the zoom meeting can be found here: http://cbcgl.org/ministries/youth-ministry/lyf/lyf-online/
Talking with God (Andrew Murray 182): “Intercession must not be a passing interest; it must become an ever-increasing object of intense desire.”
What you can pray for:
- Your church – That we would serve each other, even while practicing “social distancing.” Pray for health and strength for church members. Pray for God to raise up a new youth pastor for our church. Pray that we would be about the business of making disciples of Jesus Christ!
- Your Youth Group – for students to grow in love and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, through the work of the Holy Spirit.
- Your Friends – for their lives to be grounded in, centered on, rooted in Christ. And pray for your non-Christian friends to know Jesus.
- Yourself – and your eternal (and immediate) needs, like being faithful in evangelism or knowing how to spend your time during the pandemic, or knowing how to be part of the solution to racism rather than being part of the problem.
Speaking of Jesus (Outreach and Small Groups / Fellowship and Discipleship)
- Friday, Aug. 28th – Summer LYF – HM, LY,NX lead our lesson IN PERSON! (Check out the LYF facebook page, or ask your parent if they got the e-mail to sign-up!)
- Sunday, August 30th – 9:45 am Summer Sunday School (by UrUthPastor); 11:25 am Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – Elder Cheung will preach!)
- Friday, Sept. 4th – No LYF – Labor Day Weekend
- Sunday, Sept. 6th – 9:45 am First Sunday Prayer; 11:25 am Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – Pastor Willems will preach!)
Our Future with Jesus (Upcoming Events):
Sept. 11 – Fall LYF – New Series and New Small Groups
October 9-12, 2020 – LYF Retreat 2020!!!