Remembering Jesus (What we talked about Last Week)
Complacency turns us away from Christ – through over-commitment (so we accept “good-enough” or through irresponsibility (so we procrastinate and have no time). We need to get back through awareness of complacency, understanding what it is, seeking God and learning to be content without becoming complacent. This is true in our relationship with God and in other areas of our life.
Depending on our Father like Jesus did (Prayer)
Prayer meeting is online tomorrow (Wed., Aug. 5, 8 pm). If you can, join prayer meeting Online – the link for the zoom meeting can be found here: http://cbcgl.org/ministries/youth-ministry/lyf/lyf-online/
Talking with God (Andrew Murray 179): “God waits for me to ask for His grace and power.”
What you can pray for:
- Your church – That we would serve each other, even while practicing “social distancing.” Pray for health and strength for church members. Pray for God to raise up a new youth pastor for our church. Pray that we would be about the business of making disciples of Jesus Christ!
- Your Youth Group – for students to grow in love and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, through the work of the Holy Spirit.
- Your Friends – for their lives to be grounded in, centered on, rooted in Christ. And pray for your non-Christian friends to know Jesus.
- Yourself – and your eternal (and immediate) needs, like being faithful in evangelism or knowing how to spend your time during the pandemic, or knowing how to be part of the solution to racism rather than being part of the problem.
Speaking of Jesus (Outreach and Small Groups / Fellowship and Discipleship)
- Friday, Aug. 7th – Summer LYF – UrUthIntern Leads
- Sunday, August 9th – 9:45 am Summer Sunday School (by Ben Hom); 11:25 am Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – Elder Jeremy will preach!)
- Friday, Aug. 14th – Summer LYF – Game Night! (No Lesson, just hanging out)
- Sunday, August 16th – 9:45 am Summer Sunday School (by Ben Hom); 11:25 am Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – ??? will preach!); 1:30 pm LYTE Team Meeting
Our Future with Jesus (Upcoming Events):
August – Serving with Local Missions
Sept. 11 – Fall LYF – New Series and New Small Groups
October 9-12, 2020 – LYF Retreat 2020!!!