Remembering Jesus (What we talked about Last Week)
We are susceptible to the sin of sloth. It causes apathy, boredom, complacency, laziness. It causes us to lose joy in God or to put comfort above all else. What are you doing to seek Christ? Those who seek, find!
Depending on our Father like Jesus did (Prayer)
Prayer meeting is tomorrow (Wed., Jan. 29, 7:45 pm). If you can, join prayer meeting at the the Youth Pastor’s home or Online (at 8 pm).
Talking with God (Andrew Murray 160): “God’s Word supplies me with material for prayer and encourages me in expecting His will.”
What you can pray for:
- Your church – Pray for God to lead our church in Pastoral Staff transitions. Pray that we would be about the business of making disciples of Jesus Christ!
- Your Youth Group – for students to grow in love and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, through the work of the Holy Spirit
- Your Friends – for their lives to be grounded in, centered on, rooted in Christ. And pray for your non-Christian friends to know Jesus.
- Yourself – and your eternal (and immediate) needs, like being faithful in evangelism.
Speaking of Jesus (Outreach and Small Groups / Fellowship and Discipleship)
- Friday, Jan. 31 – Small Group Free Time – Have Fun Together!
- Saturday, Feb. 1 – Youth Co-worker Appreciation Night (YCAN) – 5:30 to 9:30 pm
- Sunday, Feb. 2 – 9:45 am First Sunday Prayer; 11:25 am Worship Service (Pastor Willems will preach)
- Friday, Feb. 7 – Intro to Mark – Small Group Bible Study
- Sunday, Feb. 9 – 9:45 am Spring Sunday School; 11:25 am Worship Service (Min. Chan will preach)
Our Future with Jesus (Upcoming Events):
Jan. 31 – Small Group Free Time
Feb. 1 – Youth Co-Worker Appreciation Night – 5:30 to 9 pm
Feb. 14-17 – HS WTC 2020 – High School Winter Teen Conference 2020
Feb. 21-23 – MS WTC 2020 – Middle School Winter Teen Conference 2020