Remembering Jesus (What we talked about Last Week)
We need discernment. Discernment is the ability to determine right and wrong – to know what is right; to know what is wrong. We need to grow in our discernment so we can make better choices with regard to media consumption, but also in obedience to Jesus and his commands.
Depending on our Father like Jesus did (Prayer)
Prayer meeting is online tomorrow (Wed., June 24, 8 pm). If you can, join prayer meeting Online – the link for the zoom meeting can be found here: http://cbcgl.org/ministries/youth-ministry/lyf/lyf-online/
Talking with God (Andrew Murray 172): “In prayer, I give myself to God; in the Word (the Bible), God gives Himself to me.”
What you can pray for:
- Your church – That we would serve each other, even while practicing “social distancing.” Pray for health and strength for church members. Pray for God to raise up a new youth pastor for our church. Pray that we would be about the business of making disciples of Jesus Christ!
- Your Youth Group – for students to grow in love and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, through the work of the Holy Spirit (You can even sign-up to pray for students!).
- Your Friends – for their lives to be grounded in, centered on, rooted in Christ. And pray for your non-Christian friends to know Jesus.
- Yourself – and your eternal (and immediate) needs, like being faithful in evangelism or knowing how to spend your time during the pandemic, or knowing how to be part of the solution to racism rather than being part of the problem.
Speaking of Jesus (Outreach and Small Groups / Fellowship and Discipleship)
- Friday, June 26 – Summer LYF – ??? Leads
- Sunday, June 28 – 9:45 am Sunday School; 11:25 am Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – Elder Lee will preach!); 2 pm Baptism Service (@ CBCGL – in person!)
- Friday, July 3rd – No LYF – Due to 4th of July Holiday
- Sunday, July 5th – 9:45 am First Sunday Prayer; 11:25 am Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – Pastor Willems will preach!)
Our Future with Jesus (Upcoming Events):
June 28 – Baptism Service
July – Day Trip Service with BP (Hopefully)
August – Serving with Local Missions
October 9-12, 2020 – LYF Retreat 2020