Remembering Jesus (What we talked about Last Week)
What you want in a friend (Commonalities and Character), you can show to others and find fulfilled in Jesus (who meets us where we are and has the highest quality of character).
Depending on our Father like Jesus did (Prayer)
Prayer meeting is online tomorrow (Wed., July 1, 8 pm). If you can, join prayer meeting Online – the link for the zoom meeting can be found here: http://cbcgl.org/ministries/youth-ministry/lyf/lyf-online/
Talking with God (Andrew Murray 174): “Prayer prepares my heart for receiving the Word of God from God Himself.”
What you can pray for:
- Your church – That we would serve each other, even while practicing “social distancing.” Pray for health and strength for church members. Pray for God to raise up a new youth pastor for our church. Pray that we would be about the business of making disciples of Jesus Christ!
- Your Youth Group – for students to grow in love and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, through the work of the Holy Spirit (You can even sign-up to pray for students!).
- Your Friends – for their lives to be grounded in, centered on, rooted in Christ. And pray for your non-Christian friends to know Jesus.
- Yourself – and your eternal (and immediate) needs, like being faithful in evangelism or knowing how to spend your time during the pandemic, or knowing how to be part of the solution to racism rather than being part of the problem.
Speaking of Jesus (Outreach and Small Groups / Fellowship and Discipleship)
- Friday, July 3rd – No LYF – Due to 4th of July Holiday
- Sunday, July 5th – 9:45 am First Sunday Prayer; 11:25 am Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – Pastor Willems will preach!); VBS Training (1:30 pm)
- Friday, July 10th – Summer LYF – KayZee Leads
- Sunday, July 12th – 9:45 am Summer Sunday School (By Ben Hom); 11:25 am Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – Elder Sam will preach!)
Our Future with Jesus (Upcoming Events):
July – Day Trip Service with BP (Hopefully)
August – Serving with Local Missions
August 10-14 – VBS (Online) – 9:30 – 11:30 am
October 9-12, 2020 – LYF Retreat 2020!!!