Remembering Jesus (What we talked about Last Week)
The life of a Christian is a life of a sojourner – where we walk by faith, trusting in God to help us navigate the different cultural settings we find ourselves in. Abraham was a sojourner who pointed us to the ultimate Sojourner – Jesus Christ.
Depending on our Father like Jesus did (Prayer)
Prayer meeting is online tomorrow (Wed., Nov. 4, 8 pm). If you can, join prayer meeting Online – the link for the zoom meeting can be found here: http://cbcgl.org/ministries/youth-ministry/lyf/lyf-online/
Talking with God (Andrew Murray 189): “May I not forget the importance of praying for our leaders.” (Cf. 1 Tim. 2:1-3ff)
What you can pray for:
- Your church – That we would serve each other, even while practicing “social distancing.” Pray for health and strength for church members. Pray for God to raise up a new youth pastor for our church. Pray that we would be about the business of making disciples of Jesus Christ!
- Your Youth Group – for students to grow in love and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, through the work of the Holy Spirit.
- Your Friends – for their lives to be grounded in, centered on, rooted in Christ. And pray for your non-Christian friends to know Jesus.
- Yourself – and your eternal (and immediate) needs, like being faithful in evangelism or knowing how to spend your time during the pandemic, or knowing how to be part of the solution to racism rather than being part of the problem.
Speaking of Jesus (Outreach and Small Groups / Fellowship and Discipleship)
- Friday, Nov. 6 – LYF Online Only – Youth Minister Candidate Night – Jeremy MacDonald
- Sunday, Nov. 8th – 9:45 am Fall Sunday School; 11:25 am Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – Youth Minister Candidate Jeremy will preach!)
- Friday, Nov. 13 – LYF Online – Between Two Worlds #6: On the Move
- Sunday, Nov. 15th – 9:45 am Fall Sunday School; 11:25 am Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – Pastor Lee will preach!)
Our Future with Jesus (Upcoming Events):
Nov. 20 – LYF Fun(d)raising Night – Bring $10+ (if you can) to participate!
November 26, 2020 – Thanksgiving 2020
Nov. 27 – No LYF – Thanksgiving Weekend
Dec. 18 – LYF Christmas Party
Dec. 25 – No LYF – Christmas!
Jan. 1, 2021 – No LYF – New Year’s Day