Remembering Jesus (What we talked about Last Week)
God’s regret is not like our regret. God regrets when we miss out on what he has for us because we mess up (cf. 1 Sam. 15). Thankfully, God sent his son Jesus to rescue us from our sin.
Depending on our Father like Jesus did (Prayer)
Prayer meeting is online tomorrow (Wed., Sept. 16, 8 pm). If you can, join prayer meeting Online – the link for the zoom meeting can be found here: http://cbcgl.org/ministries/youth-ministry/lyf/lyf-online/
Talking with God (Andrew Murray 184): “He who sits upon the throne, and who lives in my heart, has promised that what I ask in His name I will receive.”
What you can pray for:
- Your church – That we would serve each other, even while practicing “social distancing.” Pray for health and strength for church members. Pray for God to raise up a new youth pastor for our church. Pray that we would be about the business of making disciples of Jesus Christ!
- Your Youth Group – for students to grow in love and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, through the work of the Holy Spirit.
- Your Friends – for their lives to be grounded in, centered on, rooted in Christ. And pray for your non-Christian friends to know Jesus.
- Yourself – and your eternal (and immediate) needs, like being faithful in evangelism or knowing how to spend your time during the pandemic, or knowing how to be part of the solution to racism rather than being part of the problem.
Speaking of Jesus (Outreach and Small Groups / Fellowship and Discipleship)
- Friday, Sept. 18th – LYF Online – Fall Lesson Series begins!
- Sunday, Sept. 20th – 9:45 am Fall Sunday School Starts; 11:25 am Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – Pastor Lee will preach!)Next Week:
- Friday, Sept. 25th – LYF In Person – or Online – Between Two Worlds – The Gospel
- Sunday, Sept. 27th – 9:45 am Fall Sunday School Starts; 11:25 am Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – Elder Xie will preach!)
Our Future with Jesus (Upcoming Events):
Sept. 18 – Fall LYF – New Series and New Small Groups
Sept. 30 – Registration for LYF Retreat 2020 closes.
October 9-12, 2020 – LYF Retreat 2020!!!