Remembering Jesus (What we talked about Last Week)
We met online for our first ever intro to small groups where we had… more LYF counselors (LYFguards) than ever before. We also learned that we need to embrace a Christian Identity to navigate the different cultural settings we find ourselves in.
Depending on our Father like Jesus did (Prayer)
Prayer meeting is online tomorrow (Wed., Sept. 23, 8 pm). If you can, join prayer meeting Online – the link for the zoom meeting can be found here: http://cbcgl.org/ministries/youth-ministry/lyf/lyf-online/
Talking with God (Andrew Murray 186): “The Holy Spirit breathes God’s own desire into me and enables me to intercede for those without Christ.”
What you can pray for:
- Your church – That we would serve each other, even while practicing “social distancing.” Pray for health and strength for church members. Pray for God to raise up a new youth pastor for our church. Pray that we would be about the business of making disciples of Jesus Christ!
- Your Youth Group – for students to grow in love and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, through the work of the Holy Spirit.
- Your Friends – for their lives to be grounded in, centered on, rooted in Christ. And pray for your non-Christian friends to know Jesus.
- Yourself – and your eternal (and immediate) needs, like being faithful in evangelism or knowing how to spend your time during the pandemic, or knowing how to be part of the solution to racism rather than being part of the problem.
Speaking of Jesus (Outreach and Small Groups / Fellowship and Discipleship)
- Friday, Sept. 25th – LYF In Person – or Online – Between Two Worlds – The Gospel
- Sunday, Sept. 27th – 9:45 am Fall Sunday School; 11:25 am Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – Elder Xie will preach!)
- Friday, Oct. 2nd – LYF Online – Between Two Worlds – Jesus at Center
- Sunday, Oct. 4th – 9:45 am Fall Sunday School Starts; 11:25 am Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – Pastor Willems will preach!)
Our Future with Jesus (Upcoming Events):
Sept. 30 – Registration for LYF Retreat 2020 closes.
October 9-12, 2020 – LYF Retreat 2020!!!
November 26, 2020 – Thanksgiving 2020
Dec. 18 – LYF Christmas Party