Last Week: We talked greed, and it’s ugly two-faced nature. The way to combat this two-headed idolatrous monster is to practice contentment and generosity. How are do you doing with these two practices? Would others describe you as content, or generous, or both?
1. Prayer – Prayer meeting is tomorrow night (Wed., Dec. 18). If you can, join prayer meeting at the Youth Pastor’s house or Online.
a. Talking with God (Andrew Murray 156): “Take time to help a child pray. It will lay a foundation like none other in their life.”
b. What you can pray for:
i. Your church – Pray for God to lead our church in Pastoral Staff transitions. Praise God for the answers to prayer regarding the building! Pray that we would be about the business of making disciples of Jesus Christ.
ii. Your Youth Group – for students to grow in love and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, through the work of the Holy Spirit
iii. Your Friends – for their lives to be grounded in, centered on, rooted in Christ. And pray for your non-Christian friends to know Jesus.
iv. Yourself – and your eternal (and immediate) needs, like being faithful in evangelism.
2. Fellowship / Discipleship –
- Friday, Dec. 20 – LYF Christmas Party – and LYF Lock-in!
- Sunday, Dec. 22 – 9:45 am Combined Christmas Worship (Min. Lee will preach) – No Sunday School
- Sign up for WTC 2020! – Early Bird Registration Deadline for WTC is the 22nd!
- Friday, Dec. 27 – No LYF – Christmas Break
- Sunday, Dec. 29 – 9:45 am Combined Sunday Schools (7 and 8, 9 and 10, 11 and 12); 11:25 am Worship (Pastor Lee will preach)
- Sign up for WTC 2020!
Coming Soon to your LYF:
Dec. 1 – Registrations Available for WTC 2020!
Dec. 20 – LYF Christmas Party + LYF Lock-in (Dec. 20-21)
Dec. 22 – Combined Worship for Christmas – WTC 2020 Registration Early Bird Deadline
Dec. 24 – Christmas Eve Candlelight service – 7:30 pm – 1st Floor Sanctuary
Dec. 25 – Christmas Day – No Prayer Meeting
Dec. 27 – No LYF
Dec. 31 – New Year’s Eve – Seek the Lord with your family as you welcome a new year (and new decade)!