SN1PR16MB231884D8C0B2EE30D9F6C8D4E2070@SN1PR16MB2318.namprd16.prod.outlook.com”> Greetings Brothers and Sisters in the EM family
One of the sad things last week was the unexpected passing of Kobe Bryant after his helicopter crashed.
While searching for material, I came across an article written by Kobe for Newsweek, three months after 9/11. In the column, he wrote and I quote:
“I’ve learned also that you can’t take things for granted. You know how we always say ‘See you later’? One thing I’ve realized from September 11 is that you can’t ever say that for sure. Things change in the blink of an eye. People go to work and don’t come back. One minute they’re living and the next minute they’re not. And, it doesn’t matter who you are, there is nothing you can do about it.”
PC @Vanessa Bryant IS
Kobe will be posthumously inducted into the basketball hall of fame later this year, which I believe, he would be very much looking forward to it.
His passing again reminds us that “the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong…., but time and chances happen to them all. For man does not know his time…” (Ecclesiastes 9:11-12, ESV)
May God “teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.” (Psalm 90:12)
Another sad thing is, of course, the Super Bowl LIV this Sunday, and Patriot is not playing this year.
But, let’s give other teams a chance, don’t you agree?
- Bible Study tonight, we will continue to study the book of Numbers.
- This Sunday Pastor Nathan Willems will be sharing God’s word:
- Title: Love for God
- Text: Deuteronomy 6:1-13
- Coworker reminder
- EM Sunday School, this quarter is using the “alpha course.” Sunday School starts every Sunday in room A202 (Note the room change!) at 9:45 am.
- Youth Pastor Nathan is now having office hours from 2:00 pm ~ 3:30 pm every second and fourth Sunday of the month by advanced appointment (three 30-minute slots). You may contact Pastor Nathan Willems directly or email him at Nathan.email@example.com.
- Mini-retreat action planning idea sharing: http://bit.ly/EMFutureSearchActionPlans
Picture and videos of the retreat can be found here:
- Chinese New Year Celebration: The Chinese School at CBCGL is cordially inviting you to experience new year celebrations and Chinese performance.
- Date: February 9, 2020 (Note the date change!)
- Time: 1:30 pm ~ 4:30 pm (Performances and Festival)
- Place: New Sanctuary
- Food Donation Collection sponsored by the town of Chelmsford: You may drop off any unopened, non-perishable food items in the box at the entrance of building A.
- Pray for the victims and their families from the Coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan. CBCGL will hold a one-time emergency donation to help people in China.
If you would like to participate, please write “CBCGL” on the check and “Wuhan Relief” on the memo. Your donation is tax-deductible. For cash donation, please use an envelope with note “Wuhan Relief” on the cover.
- Please continue to pray for Elder Sam for his speedy recovery on heart and kidney function, as well as his anemia.
- Pray for the EM pastor search. May God’s guidance lead us to call His favorite shepherd.
- Pray for our newcomers and newcomer-to-be! May God provide us enough wisdom to make them feel welcome and feel at home.
- Pray for brothers and sisters who are looking for work opportunities.
- Pray for CBCGL 2020 focuses: outreach, prayer, and small groups.