Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
I don’t know about you, but I find it hard to not be distracted when it comes to prayer. I have been working at avoiding distractions in my personal prayer time. One thing that I have found helpful is to block out time, at the beginning of my day, to talk with our Father in heaven. While my mind begins to race to all the things that I need to do, I can talk through them with God.
This practice of praying before I check my e-mail or use electronics has been challenging. It is easy to feel the pull to “Just check that post” or “You can sit and quickly delete some junk mail.” I have found it so difficult that I have asked a friend to keep my accountable. This added level of accountability helps because I am seeking to be true to my word.
God has blessed this time of prayer. For example, this morning, while praying through a Puritan prayer from “The Valley of Vision” I was reminded of the fact that the things that God gives us to enjoy are out of his goodness. God is even said in Scripture to will and act according to his good pleasure. Our God is the God who is pleasing and pleased. Thank God, for being pleased with us by virtue of His Son, Jesus, in whose name we pray.
This Week (Jan. 15-21, 2021):
1. Tonight, (Jan. 15, 2021) there is Friday Night Bible Study. We are studying Colossians 1:3-12. Join us to see why we must be committed to prayer and what that looks like!
2. EM Sunday School – For Jan. 17 – The Grace of Giving
Topic: CBCGL EM Sunday Class “52 Major Stories of the Bible” (9:45 am – 11:00 am):
Dial-in from your phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
3. YAs Sunday School (via Microsoft Teams) https://bit.ly/2AiOyLX
- The YAs Sunday School signup sheet is here.
4. This Sunday, Elder Jeremy Wu will be sharing God’s word with us. Pray for him!
- Live stream via Youtube: http://cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
- Title: Living Out God’s Magnificent Word
- Text: Joshua 1:8, Hebrews 4:12
- Coworker reminder.
- Also, we will be celebrating communion. Please prepare elements in advance!
5. Please join the first CBCGL 2021 baptism service at 1:30 pm on Sunday, January 24.
It will be projected online.
Administration / Events:
6. PLEASE SIGN UP! The Office is updating the church directory for 2021. Your information will be protected and stored in our secure Microsoft Office system for church member access only. Each memberand regular attendee is requested to complete this form. To do so, please follow the link below: (It takes less than 5 minutes. Do it now.)
7. CBCGL’s COVID-19 waiver form can be found at http://bit.ly/cbcgl-covid19-waiver
You are required to complete this form if you plan to participate in any in-person church activities.
8. Please invite your friends and neighbors to join our Alpha Course on Tuesday Night 8:00 to 9:00 pm (EST) (Asia Wednesday Morning 9:00 am – 10:00 am).
Contact: Marina Lam
Join Zoom Meeting [US Night EST Tuesday 8:00 PM/Asia Wednesday Morning 9:00AM]
Meeting ID: 820 8069 5483
Dial by phone:
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
9. All other announcement items can be found here.
- Prayer is an essential part of the Christian life! Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Young Adults Prayer Meeting: Wednesday night @ 7:45 – 9:30 pm –
Meeting ID: 868 9398 2884
- Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is a new attempt from EM to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
In Christ, your servant, SDG,