A real Christian may be weak, but he is true. One thing, at any rate, the servant of Christ can say, when cast down by a sense of his own infirmity, or pained by the slander of a lying world. He can say, “Lord, I am a poor sinner, but I am in earnest, I am true. Thou knowest all thing: thou knowest that I love thee. Thou knowest all hearts, and thou knowest that, weak as my heart is, it is a heart that cleaves to thee.” The false Christian shrinks from the eye of an all-seeing Saviour. The true Christian desires his Lord’s eye to be on him morning, noon, and night. He has nothing to hide.” (From Expository Thoughts on the Gospel (Vol. 3: John 1:1-10:30), p. 106)
The report of the confirmed allegations of sexual misconduct by Ravi Zacharias was more than saddening. It were alarming and maddening to me. The Lord knows if he was repentant in the end. But what was alarming was what Zacharias did and the way that he hid his sin. Brothers and sisters, this cannot be. We must not live justifying our sin.
We also must not live in fear. Because we have a sufficient Savior, we can bring our sin into the light of his presence and be forgiven as we repent. Do not let fear keep you from our Savior. And check your heart: Are you shrinking from the eye of our all-seeing Savior, or are you glad that his eye is on you morning, noon, and night?
Come to Bible Study tonight (@ 7:30 pm) as we discuss what to do with fear!
This Week (Feb. 19-26, 2021):
- Tonight, (Feb. 19, 2021) we have Friday Night Bible Study at 7:30 pm. Join us as we study Psalm 91 and talk about what to do with fear.
- EM Sunday School – For Feb. 21
Topic: CBCGL EM Sunday Class, This week: “The Tongue” (9:45 am – 11:00 am):
Dial-in from your phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
- YAs Sunday School (via Microsoft Teams)
- This Week: Discussing chapter 2 of the book “Radical” by David Platt
- The YAs Sunday School signup sheet is here. We are meeting every week, alternating between large group and small groups. This week is a small group meeting week – studying different materials based on the small group and its schedule.
- This Sunday, Elder Sam Cheung, will be sharing God’s word with you. Pray for him!
- Live stream via Youtube: http://cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
- Text: Psalm 2
- Title: Blessed are all who take refuge in Him
- Coworker reminder.
Administration / Events:
- The Office is updating the church directory for 2021. Thanks to those who have participated! But if you haven’t, PLEASE SIGN UP! Your information will be protected and stored in our secure Microsoft Office system for church member access only. Each member and regular attendee is requested to complete this form. To do so, please follow the link below: (It takes less than 5 minutes. Do it now.)
- CBCGL’s COVID-19 waiver form can be found at http://bit.ly/cbcgl-covid19-waiver
You are required to have completed this form if you plan to participate in any in-person church activities.
- Tuesday Night Alpha will begin again on March 23, 2021
- All other announcements can be found here.
- Our prayers show what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Or are you hiding from him, due to sin? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Young Adults Prayer Meeting: Wednesday night @ 7:45 – 9:30 pm –
Meeting ID: 868 9398 2884
- Praise God for his work in and through Winter Teen Conference. Almost 30 students from CBCGL attended and learned about reconnecting, with God and others.
- Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from English Ministry to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Pastor Nathan Willems