Greeting EM family,
May the grace and peace from our Lord Christ Jesus be with you!
Starting from yesterday, all of a sudden, I started to receive a lot of emails from various companies about their responses and countermeasures to the COVID-19 outbreak. The only purpose in those emails is to assure their customers and members that they are taking additional precautions to counteract the disturbance from the virus pandemic and ask their customers to feel safe and secure to visit their stores.
If you go to a grocery store, these are probably the scenes you will see.
That’s right, empty or close to empty shelves. This is people’s reaction to the coronavirus spreading, preparation for an impending storm.
But for His people, I believe it offers a special opportunity to care for our neighbors and coworker, to pray with them and for them, to share the source of our hope and peace. James reminds us that (James 1:2-4, ESV)
2Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds,
3for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.
4And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
Remember, our God sits enthroned as king forever (Psalm 29:10b, ESV), and The LORD delights in the welfare of His servant! (Psalm 35:27b, ESV). Your safety is always in your Heavenly Father’s heart!
While we shall still exercise caution during the current circumstance but in the meantime, let’s walk out our faith in Him make Him proud!!
- To prevent potential cross-contamination and the health concerns of our congregations, all on-site programs except Sunday worship services have either been suspended or switched to on-line meetings. Check with EM deacon Joseph Chen or Elder Jeremy Wu for more information
- Tonight’s Bible Study is ON!! We will continue to study the book of Numbers. You may dial in or login via your phone or personal computer:
· From your home phone or cell phone
Phone no. (774) 220-4000
Conference ID: 978-691-3038
· If you prefer, join from your computer and use its audio connection through the internet
Go to website from your browser: https://panel.freeconferenceusa.com/webcall/
Conference ID: 978-691-3038
Name: Your name
Email: your e-mail address
- This Sunday, Elder Sam will be sharing God’s word with us:
- Title: My Prize (3)
- Text: Philippians 3:12-14
- Coworker reminder:
- Sunday bulletin QR code:
- EM Sunday School is currently on hold; we are investigating the possibility of doing it online.
- NO Lunch will be served.
- The church-wide retreat will be held during the Memorial Weekend (5/23~5/25). Here is the online registration link. http://bit.ly/cbcglretreat2020
- The EM townhall meeting is seeking an alternative for an online option. Stay tuned.
- All other announcement items can be found here.
<![if !supportLists]>1. <![endif]>Please pray for the coronavirus situation and victims. May God protect His church from harm and grant peace and vigilance to His people.
<![if !supportLists]>2. <![endif]>Pray for the EM pastor search. We are getting very close. Announcement and Q&A may be conducted during the April town hall meeting. May God’s guidance lead us to call His desired shepherd.
<![if !supportLists]>3. <![endif]>Pray for our newcomers and newcomer-to-be! May God provide us enough wisdom to make them feel welcome and feel at home.
<![if !supportLists]>4. <![endif]>Pray for brothers and sisters who are looking for work opportunities.
<![if !supportLists]>5. <![endif]>Pray for CBCGL 2020 focuses: outreach, prayer, and discipleship groups.
The latest announcement for CBCGL on Coronavirus
Dear brothers and sisters,
Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker declared a state of emergency this Tuesday. To cooperate with the effort of controlling coronavirus spread in our state and keep our church members safe, CBCGL church council had a meeting today and decided to make the following changes to our programs until the Massachusetts state of emergency is lifted:
1) All programs on-site except Sunday worship services will be suspended. These include Children/nursery program, Youth program, Sunday school, Friday fellowship, On-site prayer meetings, Chinese School, Fundraising events (For example, Youth STM Badminton on 3/15) etc. Ministry leaders will seek ways to continue some of these programs online and please wait for their announcement.
2) No lunch service or sharing food at church. Sharing food as well as eating near others increase risk.
3) Mandarin, Cantonese, and English Sunday worship services will continue at the current schedule. Families are encouraged to sit together and keep a distance from other families. For families who have youth(s), you may choose to attend one service instead of two services on Sunday. You are encouraged to wear a face mask and we strongly advise social distancing (6 feet away) in all church gatherings.
4) We will live stream online our Worship services from church. Details will be announced and made available on our church web site.
When considering attending Sunday services, we advise the following people to stay at home:
1) People with ANY flu or cold symptoms, even minor ones, should stay at home.
2) People with pre-existing health conditions or weakened immune systems.
3) People 60 and older.
4) Women who are pregnant.
5) Families with small children (infants, toddlers, and preschool).
6) People who traveled to high-risk areas recently.
With collected efforts from all citizens, we hope to see the spread of the virus is controlled soon. This is also an opportunity for us to fellowship in small groups online, reach out to neighbors in need, pray earnestly for God’s healing of our land.
May God’s protection and peace be with you all,