Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
AAPI hate crimes and racism are real. Sin is real. But sin doesn’t have the last word. Those who perpetrate racism and these hate crimes do not have the last word. We serve our God who is our refuge, our fortress, our deliverer.
But we also have others who care for us. This week, the Chelmsford Police department reached out to let us know that that stand with our church and with other Asian community groups. I have also had a conversation with another pastor in the surrounding area. He told me that he is praying for our church and the people in it. He also let me know that another pastor he has talked to has been thinking of us, concerned for our well-being.
I want to let you know that I too am concerned for your well-being! I care about you. I want you to know that if you feel unsafe or threatened you can reach out to me and we can talk about it. If you have been a target of aggression, you can reach out to your local police department and report it. You are not alone. Our God is with us, our God is near.
And now for something unrelated. Angie and I want to get to know you better. Since becoming the English Pastor, we have had conversations with members of the EMC, just for the purpose of sharing life and better understanding of each other. And we want to get to know you! To do that, I’ve put together a calendar where you can sign up. It lists out the times in the coming months and times that we have available. I have made it editable so you can claim a spot or time. We have been doing these meetings online. In the coming months, we hope to do these meetings in person (post vaccination). If you don’t want to edit the calendar, feel free to send me an e-mail to set up a time to meet! We look forward to talking with you and sharing life together through conversations.
This Week (Mar. 19-Mar. 25, 2021):
1. Tonight, (March 19, 2021) we will have Friday Night Bible Study. Join us at 7:30 as we talk about handling the blues. We will be studying the beginning of Psalm 31. Join us!
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. EM Sunday School – For March 21
Topic: CBCGL EM Sunday Class “The Church” (9:45 am – 11:00 am):
Dial-in from your phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
3. YAs Sunday School (via Microsoft Teams) https://bit.ly/2AiOyLX
- The YAs Sunday School signup sheet is here. We are meeting every week, alternating between large group and small groups. This week is the combined Sunday School meeting week. We’ll be studying the book Radical, chapter 4!
4. This Sunday, March 21, I will be sharing God’s word with you. Pray for me!
- Text: Luke 18:9-14
- Title: Honest to God
- Live stream via Youtube: http://cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
- Coworker reminder.
Administration / Events
5. We will have an English Ministry Town Hall Meeting, next week, on March 28th, during the Sunday School hour. We’ll meet via the Adult Sunday School Zoom Link. If you have things you want to discuss or questions you want to ask, you can complete this form, or e-mail me by Thursday, March 25th at 12 pm.
6. Ladies Fellowship is meeting this Sunday – March 21st, at 2 pm. Mrs. Rose Chiu will be sharing about her missionary experience in Taiwan during COVID. All ladies and friends are welcome! The zoom link can be found here:
Meeting ID: 838 5689 8599
7. Tuesday Night Alpha will begin again on March 23, 2021 at 7:30 – 8:30 pm. Pray for God’s work in and through Alpha and invite your friends. The zoom link can be found here:
Meeting ID: 820 8069 5483
8. CBCGL’s COVID-19 waiver form can be found at http://bit.ly/cbcgl-covid19-waiver
You are required to have completed this form if you plan to participate in any in-person church activities.
9. All other announcements can be found here (in our English Ministry bulletin).
- Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Young Adults Prayer Meeting: Wednesday night @ 7:45 – 9:30 pm –
Meeting ID: 868 9398 2884
- Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from EM to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
In Christ, your servant, SDG,