Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Last Sunday, we talked about how we need a God of Justice. We also talked about how we can call on God to do what is right, based on his promises, on behalf of those who are oppressed or who experience injustice. Certainly we need to pray – to rely on God to do what is right. But is there more we can do?
One common problem is that there are so many needs that we can get overwhelmed. We don’t know where and how to use our time and energy. But just because we can’t do everything doesn’t mean that we can’t do anything. We can still act on behalf of those who have experienced wrong done to them.
The first thing we can do is speak up. We can advocate for others. This raises awareness among others which can lead to change.
The second thing we can do is serve. We can step in and use the time and resources we have to right a wrong, to fix a problem, to help someone in need. We don’t serve because we are seeking salvation. We serve because we already have salvation through Christ!
The third thing we can do is listen, learn and live in community with those who are hurting, in trouble or who have been wronged. Jesus does these things for us. He listens to our prayers. But he does more. He came to experience life. He learned what it was like to be human. We too can learn about the experiences of others, their culture, their history. Jesus also comes to be with us. We draw comfort through Christ’s presence. We can bring comfort to others through being Christ’s presence. Afterall, we, the church, are the body of Christ. May God be glorified in and through us as we seek to not just share the gospel (which is necessary) but also we enact the gospel. Do you have a heart to serve?
This Week (Mar. 12-Mar. 18, 2021):
1. Tonight, (March 12, 2021) we will have Friday Night Bible Study. Join us at 7:30 as we talk about perhaps the most famous Psalm of them all – Psalm 23 and consider what we do with worry.
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. EM Sunday School – For March 14
(***Remember to Spring Ahead due to Daylight savings, or you’ll show up an hour late for Sunday School!***)
Topic: CBCGL EM Sunday Class “Revelation” (9:45 am – 11:00 am):
Dial-in from your phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
3. YAs Sunday School (via Microsoft Teams) https://bit.ly/2AiOyLX
- The YAs Sunday School signup sheet is here. We are meeting every week, alternating between large group and small groups. This week was/is your small group meeting. There is no Sunday School this week.
4. This Sunday, March 14, Pastor Raymond Lee will be sharing God’s word with you. Pray for him!
- Text: Exodus 20:1-17
- Title: The Ten Commandments and Modern Life (1)
- Live stream via Youtube: http://cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
- Coworker reminder.
- This week, we will celebrate our communion with Christ. Please prepare your elements in advance so you can participate with us!
Administration / Events
5. The Office is updating the church directory for 2021. Thanks to those who have participated! But if you haven’t, PLEASE SIGN UP! Your information will be protected and stored in our secure Microsoft Office system for church member access only. Each member and regular attendee is requested to complete this form. To do so, please follow the link below: (It takes less than 5 minutes. Do it now.)
6. CBCGL’s COVID-19 waiver form can be found at http://bit.ly/cbcgl-covid19-waiver
You are required to have completed this form if you plan to participate in any in-person church activities.
7. Tuesday Night Alpha will begin again on March 23, 2021. Pray for God’s work in and through Alpha and invite your friends.
8. All other announcements can be found here (in our English Ministry bulletin).
- Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Young Adults Prayer Meeting: Wednesday night @ 7:45 – 9:30 pm –
Meeting ID: 868 9398 2884
- Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from EM to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
In Christ, your servant, SDG,