Greetings, EM family,
How’s your week? I pray that you have a fruitful and spiritual week.
As the end of July is approaching, the summer of 2020 is more than half gone!
This summer is especially unprecedented; almost all of us enjoy it…. at home!
Enjoying or not, forced or not, no one questions the cause of our predicament of this summer was coming from an organism that we cannot even see.
Whoever underestimates the impact of COVID-19 pays a heavy price for it. Look at the states that opened early:
This example teaches us a lesson: What you can’t see does not mean it does not exist: back holes, magnetic field, gravity, global warming, etc. are all good examples.
If the evidence is compelling enough for you, then you will believe. If someone told you they exist and you believe, that is trust.
Jesus in Matthew 16 used evidence in the sky to rebuke the Pharisees and Sadducees requesting a sign from Jesus:
1 And the Pharisees and Sadducees came, and to test him they asked him to show them a sign from heaven.
2 He answered them, “When it is evening, you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red.’
3 And in the morning, ‘It will be stormy today, for the sky is red and threatening.’ You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times.
4 An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah.” So he left them and departed.
(Matthew 16:1-4, ESV)
Similarly, in Luke 21, Jesus used the fig tree to remind his listeners about the importance of observing evidence:
29 And he told them a parable: “Look at the fig tree, and all the trees.
30 As soon as they come out in leaf, you see for yourselves and know that the summer is already near.
31 So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that the kingdom of God is near.
32 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all has taken place.
33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.
(Luke 21:29-33, ESV)
When his disciples asked about the end of the age, this is what Jesus replied:
3 As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”
4 And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray.
5 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray.
6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places.
8 All these are but the beginning of the birth pains.
(Matthew 24:3-8, ESV)
Start examining your evidence today!!
- Friday Night’s Bible Study will start a new book from Lifeway. You may dial in or login via your phone or personal computer:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Dial-in from your phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
- This Sunday, Elder Raymond Xie will be sharing God’s word with us:
- Sunday bulletin: http://cbcgl.org/ministries/english-ministry/em-weekly-bulletin/
- EM Sunday School
Topic: CBCGL EM Sunday Class “52 Major Stories of the Bible” (9:45 am – 11:00 am):
Join Zoom Meeting (Note the different link)
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Dial-in from your phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
YAs Sunday School (via Microsoft Teams)
YAs Sunday School signup sheet:
- English Ministry will host CBCGL Alpha Online starting on September 8 (Tuesday) from 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm. Please invite your friends and family to join the Alpha Online course. Contact: Marina Lam (Email: email@example.com)
Alpha is a chance to explore life and the Christian faith in a friendly, open, and informal online environment:
Join us for a great conversation with others who are exploring life and faith; no strings attached.
Start Date: September 8
Day & Time: Tuesday, 7:30pm to 8:30pm
* Alpha Talk Video (30min)
* Discussion (30min)
Meeting ID: 879 6851 0141
Contact: Marina Lam
Google voice phone: (201) 824-2922
- Application for in-church activities can be obtained from Deacon Chair Tony Ge at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The second quarter ministry progress survey is ongoing. Please fill out the survey at http://bit.ly/cbcgl-2020-survey to participate.
- New health waiver form has been posted online at http://bit.ly/cbcgl-covid19-waiver
You are required to fill out the latest form if you plan to participate in any activities at church.
- Deacon nomination is ongoing. Please go online to fill out any recommendation:
- All other announcement items can be found here.
- Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 pm – 9:15 pm)
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Wednesday night EM prayer meeting @ 7:45 – 9:30 pm – https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85357847170?pwd=OC9EbmY2OXltalNuRVRZUDF6RjkwQT09
Meeting ID: 853 5784 7170
- Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance, or announce any give-away items. It is a new attempt from EM to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours: