Remembering Jesus (What we talked about Last Week)
Gratitude improves your life. It’s also something that comes from recognizing who God is and what he has done for you. Take some time to breath prayer (short, can be said in a breath) to God thanking him for who he is and what he has done. Thanks Terrian for reminding us about the importance and benefits of gratitude!
Depending on our Father like Jesus did (Prayer)
Prayer meeting is online tomorrow (Wed., July 29, 8 pm). If you can, join prayer meeting Online – the link for the zoom meeting can be found here: http://cbcgl.org/ministries/youth-ministry/lyf/lyf-online/
Talking with God (Andrew Murray 178): “All the powers of heaven are at my disposal when I labor in the service of His kingdom.”
What you can pray for:
- Your church – That we would serve each other, even while practicing “social distancing.” Pray for health and strength for church members. Pray for God to raise up a new youth pastor for our church. Pray that we would be about the business of making disciples of Jesus Christ!
- Your Youth Group – for students to grow in love and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, through the work of the Holy Spirit.
- Your Friends – for their lives to be grounded in, centered on, rooted in Christ. And pray for your non-Christian friends to know Jesus.
- Yourself – and your eternal (and immediate) needs, like being faithful in evangelism or knowing how to spend your time during the pandemic, or knowing how to be part of the solution to racism rather than being part of the problem.
Speaking of Jesus (Outreach and Small Groups / Fellowship and Discipleship)
- Friday, July 31st – Summer LYF – JayC Leads
- Sunday, August 2nd – 9:45 am First Sunday Prayer; 11:25 am Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – Pastor Willems will preach!)
- Friday, Aug. 7th – Summer LYF – UrUthIntern Leads
- Sunday, August 9th – 9:45 am Summer Sunday School (by Ben Hom); 11:25 am Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – Elder Jeremy will preach!)
Our Future with Jesus (Upcoming Events):
August – Serving with Local Missions
Sept. 11 – Fall LYF – New Series and New Small Groups
October 9-12, 2020 – LYF Retreat 2020!!!