Dear EM family,
I pray that this email reaches you well.
Starting from about two months ago, our company allows employees to return to the office and lab.
I still remember the first few times when I first return to my office after being away for so long, I have to clean the desk and throw away dead plants.
This week as I returned to the lab, I noticed something fascinating. Besides the new spider plant that I put into the old pot, a new sprout is coming out of the dirt.
It was coming out of the old Yucca plant, which I used to support the new spineless spider plant. Turned out that the old Yucca, though has no leaves and no root left, was not completely dead from the lack of care and water. From this little discovery, I realize how wrong I could sometimes be.
When our lives appear hopeless and about to give up, it is good to remember that our God is in control. “Great is the LORD who delights in the welfare of his servant” (Psalm 35:27b, ESV). Jesus also reminds us that, “come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:29, ESV).
Are you feeling stressed, tired, and helpless? Let Jesus work wonder in you, “with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible” (Matthew 19:26b, ESV).
- EM will hold a town hall meeting this coming Sunday (10/4/2020), from 9:45 am to 11:15 am. Here is the Zoom information for the forum.
Dial-in from your phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Please provide your thoughts and feedback through the following survey:
There will be no EM Sunday schools.
- Here is CBCGL English Ministry Sunday Service Reopen Survey. If you haven’t filled out the survey, please take the time to fill one out.
- Friday Night’s Bible Study will start a new book from Lifeway. You may dial in or login via your phone or personal computer:
Dial-in from your phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
- This Sunday, Elder Jeremy Wu will be sharing God’s word with us:
- Live stream Youtube: http://cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
- Title: To eat or not to eat
- Text: 1 Corinthians 10:23-33
- There will be a communion service after the sermon. Please prepare the elements.
- Coworker reminder:
- A new health waiver form has been posted online at
You are required to fill out the latest form if you plan to participate in any church activities.
- All other announcement items can be found here.
- Prayer is an essential part of the Christian life! Please consider joining our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 pm – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Wednesday night EM prayer meeting @ 7:45 – 9:30 pm – https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86893982884?pwd=Q2RIWEtVMGtmdGJ2ZHNJdDJ3Rng4dz09
Meeting ID: 868 9398 2884
- Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is a new attempt from EM to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours: