Remembering Jesus (What we talked about Last Week)
Only Jesus is able to be the center (Col. 1:17) without failing. It is possible for the center to change (as it did for Saul / Paul). What would it take for you to center your life on Jesus?
Depending on our Father like Jesus did (Prayer)
Prayer meeting is online tomorrow (Wed., Oct. 7, 8 pm). If you can, join prayer meeting Online – the link for the zoom meeting can be found here: http://cbcgl.org/ministries/youth-ministry/lyf/lyf-online/
Talking with God (Andrew Murray 188): “Prayer for workers for God’s harvest must be part of my whole life and effort.”
What you can pray for:
- Your church – That we would serve each other, even while practicing “social distancing.” Pray for health and strength for church members. Pray for God to raise up a new youth pastor for our church. Pray that we would be about the business of making disciples of Jesus Christ!
- Your Youth Group – for students to grow in love and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, through the work of the Holy Spirit.
- Your Friends – for their lives to be grounded in, centered on, rooted in Christ. And pray for your non-Christian friends to know Jesus.
- Yourself – and your eternal (and immediate) needs, like being faithful in evangelism or knowing how to spend your time during the pandemic, or knowing how to be part of the solution to racism rather than being part of the problem.
Speaking of Jesus (Outreach and Small Groups / Fellowship and Discipleship)
- Friday, Oct. 9th– LYF Retreat 2020 – Braving the Unknown (7:30 pm – 10 pm)
- Saturday, Oct. 10th – LYF Retreat 2020 (9:15 am to 9:30 pm (In person); Online Schedule begins at 9:15 am.)
- Sunday, Oct. 11th – LYF Retreat 2020 (9:15 am to 10 pm (In person); Online Schedule begins at 9:15 am.)
- Monday, Oct. 12th – LYF Retreat 2020 (9:15 am to 12 pm)
- Friday, Oct. 16th – LYF Online – LYF Sharing Night
- Sunday, Oct. 18th – 9:45 am Fall Sunday School; 11:25 am Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – Elder Lee will preach!)
Our Future with Jesus (Upcoming Events):
October 9-12, 2020 – LYF Retreat 2020!!!
November 26, 2020 – Thanksgiving 2020
Dec. 18 – LYF Christmas Party
Dec. 25 – No LYF – Christmas!
Jan. 1, 2021 – No LYF – New Year’s Day