Dear EM family,
I hope this email finds you well.
If you notice, I have been calling you as a family member. We may not be biologically related, but we are spiritually connected.
We pray and fellowship with each other; we worship under the same roof. There are quite a lot of things we “share” together. We even listen to the same sermon every Sunday.
But, Is it these things that we do together makes us family?
Ephesians 2:19 says that we are “fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God.”
John 1:12 states that Jesus gives those who receive him, those who believe in his name, “the right to become children of God.”
Because we are members of God’s household, because we are God’s children, that makes us brothers and sisters, makes us family members.
But I’d like to point out another related passage on Jesus’ view of a family member, that is doing the will of our Heavenly Father.
For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.
(Matthew 12:50, ESV)
What does doing God’s will mean to you? Do you always do God’s will? What if there is a conflict of interest between your will and God’s?
As more and more fellowships and small groups start to request permission to meet at church regularly, we also see that the number of COVID cases rise in Massachusetts.
Church’s COVID task force committee does not want to discourage members fellowshipping with one another. Yet, the committee is also worried about making the church a place COVID spread.
What is God’s will on this? I think you will agree that we all need to do our part to ensure a safe environment for God’s children to worship and fellowship in the church. Turn off a light, make sure the entrance door is locked, encourage each other to observe the state code and maintain proper social distance, etc., are all marks of a good steward.
This idea goes beyond these just mentioned. As a general rule of thumb: Love God’s house as your own. Do not become a consumer; be a steward.
I pray that CBCGL is not just a place to worship; it is also a place people see Christ in us.
Enjoy your weekend!!
- Friday Night’s Bible Study will start a new book from Lifeway. You may dial in or login via your phone or personal computer:
Dial-in from your phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
- EM Sunday School
Topic: CBCGL EM Sunday Class “52 Major Stories of the Bible” (9:45 am – 11:00 am):
Dial-in from your phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
YAs Sunday School (via Microsoft Teams)
YAs Sunday School signup sheet:
- It is an all-congregation combined worship service this Sunday. It starts at 11:15 am.
Dr. Jim Singleton from Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary will be sharing God’s word with us:
- A new health waiver form has been posted online at
You are required to fill out the latest form if you plan to participate in any church activities.
- New Life Toastmaster Club is meeting every Sunday at 1:30 pm. Here is their new zoom meeting info:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 812 6319 2812
Join by phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
- All other announcement items can be found here.
- Prayer is an essential part of the Christian life! Please consider joining our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 pm – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Wednesday night EM prayer meeting @ 7:45 – 9:30 pm –
Meeting ID: 868 9398 2884
- Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is a new attempt from EM to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours: