Remembering Jesus (What we talked about Last Week)
Christians live as outsiders – because Christ was an outsider (not of this world). This means that we will live as sojourners – through faith in Christ and as pilgrims – on the move as we become like Christ.
Depending on our Father like Jesus did (Prayer)
Prayer meeting is online tomorrow (Wed., Nov. 18, 8 pm). If you can, join prayer meeting Online – the link for the zoom meeting can be found here: http://cbcgl.org/ministries/youth-ministry/lyf/lyf-online/
Talking with God (Andrew Murray 191): “God will hear me. What a wonderful certainty! We have God’s Word for it.”
What you can pray for:
- Your church – That we would serve each other, even while practicing “social distancing.” Pray for health and strength for church members. Pray for God to raise up a new youth pastor for our church. Pray that we would be about the business of making disciples of Jesus Christ!
- Your Youth Group – for students to grow in love and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, through the work of the Holy Spirit.
- Your Friends – for their lives to be grounded in, centered on, rooted in Christ. And pray for your non-Christian friends to know Jesus.
- Yourself – and your eternal (and immediate) needs, like being faithful in evangelism or knowing how to spend your time during the pandemic, or knowing how to be part of the solution to racism rather than being part of the problem.
Speaking of Jesus (Outreach and Small Groups / Fellowship and Discipleship)
- Friday, Nov. 20th – LYF Online – LYF FUN(d)raising Night ***Online***
- Sunday, Nov. 22nd – 8:30 am – Baptism Class Begins; 9:45 am Fall Sunday School; 11:15 am Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – Dr. Singleton will preach!)Next Week:
- Friday, Nov. 27th – No LYF – Thanksgiving Weekend
- Sunday, Nov. 29th – 8:30 am – Baptism Class; 9:45 am Fall Sunday School; 11:25 am Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – Elder Cheung will preach!)
Our Future with Jesus (Upcoming Events):
Nov. 20 – LYF Fun(d)raising Night – Bring $10+ (if you can) to participate!
Nov. 22 – LYF Baptism Class Begins (Baptism Date, anticipated Jan. 24, 2021)
November 26, 2020 – Thanksgiving 2020
Nov. 27 – No LYF – Thanksgiving Weekend
Dec. 18 – LYF Christmas Party
Dec. 25 – No LYF – Christmas!
Jan. 1, 2021 – No LYF – New Year’s Day