Dear EM family,
Peace be with you all. Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace among those whom He favors!
I once read a story about washing turtles.
An elderly lady sits by a pond with a small metal cage beside her. The little metal cage is a small trap meant to lure turtles coming near her.
She will pick up one turtle at a time, with clean water a small toothbrush, gently brush all the algae and scum off the turtle in her hands.
Out of curiosity, some visitors to the pond ask her what she is doing.
“I am brushing the algae and scum off this turtle,” the elderly lady replies, “algae and scum reduces turtles’ ability to absorb heat and impedes their ability to swim. Besides, algae and scum also corrode and weaken their shells over time.”
“Wow, that’s very kind of you.” Some admire her kind deeds. “But there are so many turtles in the pond.” Some argue, “There are so many turtles in the pond; 99.9% of those turtles will never encounter a kind person like you to help clean off their shells. What difference can you truly make?”
“If this turtle can talk,” the elderly lady brushes off the last algae on its shell with a smile, “it will tell you that I just made all the difference in the world for it.”
Do God’s mercy and grace make all the difference in the world for you? Share your experience with others, and allow God to make a difference for others through you!
By the way, I learn today that God makes turtles urinate via their mouths… That’s different!
- Friday Night’s Bible Study will start a new book from Lifeway. You may dial in or login via your phone or personal computer:
Dial-in from your phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
- This coming Sunday, CBCGL has a combined worship service. The service starts at 9:45 am, so there is no Sunday Schools. A unique arrangement you don’t want to miss or be late.
- Ladies Fellowship Zoom Sharing Meeting:
· Date: Sunday 12/20/2020
· Time: 2:00 pm (first 10-15 minutes for greeting/catch up; 45 minutes for sharing; 15 minutes breakout room to pray for each other)
· Theme: Praise & Share. Since it’s the Sunday right before Christmas, let’s have some Christmas theme in our background when we zoom!
Below is the Zoom link for our meeting:
Meeting ID: 819 5602 7494
- A new health waiver form has been posted online at
You are required to fill out the latest form if you plan to participate in any church activities.
- New Life Toastmaster Club is meeting every Sunday at 1:30 pm. Here is their new zoom meeting info:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 812 6319 2812
Join by phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
- All other announcement items can be found here.
- Prayer is an essential part of the Christian life! Please consider joining our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 pm – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Wednesday night EM prayer meeting @ 7:45 – 9:30 pm –
Meeting ID: 868 9398 2884
- Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is a new attempt from EM to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours:
Your brother in Christ,