Remembering Jesus (What we talked about Last Week)
Ethnicity helps us to know that we belong – through a strong, cultural community. We learn practices and traditions. Ethnicity is good – providing distinctions, isn’t shed when you become a Christian, even eternal. But more important is our Christian identity – which is learned through the practices and traditions of the Church. Christian practices don’t make us Christian, but they do help us know that we belong. Christian identity is good – helping us be better people and build bridges across ethnic divisions, even in our own hearts.
Depending on our Father like Jesus did (Prayer)
Prayer meeting is tomorrow night (Wed., Dec. 16, 8 pm). If you can, join prayer meeting Online this week – the link for the zoom meeting can be found here: http://cbcgl.org/ministries/youth-ministry/lyf/lyf-online/
Talking with God (Andrew Murray 195): “I can become God’s co-laborer. My prayer becomes part of God’s divine work of reaching and saving the lost.”
What you can pray for:
- Your church – That we would serve each other, even while practicing “social distancing.” Pray for health and strength for church members. Praise God for raising up a new youth minister for our church. Pray that we would be about the business of making disciples of Jesus Christ!
- Your Youth Group – for students to grow in love and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, through the work of the Holy Spirit.
- Your Friends – for their lives to be grounded in, centered on, rooted in Christ. And pray for your non-Christian friends to know Jesus.
- Yourself – and your eternal (and immediate) needs, like being faithful in evangelism or knowing how to spend your time during the pandemic, or knowing how to be part of the solution to racism rather than being part of the problem.
Speaking of Jesus (Outreach and Small Groups / Fellowship and Discipleship)
- Friday, Dec. 18th – LYF Online – LYF Christmas Party
- Sunday, Dec. 20th – 9:45 am Combined Christmas Celebration Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – CBCGL Pastoral Staff will preach!) (No Sunday School – due to worship with your family and extended worship time)Next Week:
- Thursday, Dec. 24th – Christmas Eve Service – 7:30 pm
- Friday, Dec. 25th – No LYF – Christmas Day
- Sunday, Dec. 27th – 8:30 am – Baptism Class; 9:45 am Sunday School; 11:25 am English Worship (via Youtube / Facebook livestream – Pastor Lee will preach!)
Our Future with Jesus (Upcoming Events):
Dec. 18 – LYF Christmas Party (Online!)
Dec. 25 – No LYF – Christmas!
Jan. 1, 2021 – No LYF – New Year’s Day
Jan 24, 2021 – Baptism!