Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
I know that this update is early, but I wanted to make sure that you had time to consider what you can give and how you can support those suffering both in and those who have left Ukraine. Our church will be donating the funds raised to two different organizations. Here is the information:
1. To serve those who have fled Ukraine, CBCGL will be donating to United World Mission. This organization is endorsed by Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary and you can find out more about the organization here: https://uwm.org/projects/48505/ They are strategically supporting seminaries, churches, and individuals who are welcoming refugees.
2. To serve those who are suffering in Ukraine, CBCGL will be donating to the Salvation Army in Ukraine. There are places around Ukraine where the Salvation Army has been and continues to be at work. You can find out more about their work here: https://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/story/the-salvation-army-world-service-office-donates-1-million-for-ukraine-relief/#:~:text=The%20Salvation%20Army%20World%20Service%20Office%20Donates%20%241,feeding%2C%20sheltering%2C%20and%20other%20services%20in%20war-torn%20country.
3. Finally, as of Sunday, April 3, 2022, we have raised only about a 1/3 of the total funds which we have committed to send in support of the people there. Please prayerfully consider how much you need to keep for yourself, and how much you will give at this time.
Please continue to pray for Ukraine. Here is a suggested prayer if you are at a loss for words in how to pray: 24-7 Prayer – A Prayer for the Crisis in Ukraine (ENG).pdf Thank you for kneeling on behalf of the people of Ukraine and Russia, and taking a stand (or a knee in prayer) against tyrannical despotism.
Also, I wanted to let you know that ACCESS (American Chinese Christian Educational & Social Services) is looking for volunteers and staff. This is a great after-school and summer program serving the needs of working Chinese families in Chinatown. You can find information for paid positions here: https://www.chinatownaccess.org/careers. You can find information for volunteer opportunities here: https://www.chinatownaccess.org/get-involved. If you know someone who is great with kids, is looking for volunteer opportunities, or is looking to serve the needs of others, get in touch with ACCESS!
This Week (Apr. 6–Apr. 14, 2022):
1. On Friday, Apr. 8, 2022, we will have Friday Night Bible Study. Join us from 7:30-9:30 as we take time to sing, share, and study the topic of “A Life of Trust” from the life of Jesus. You can read John 13:36-14:14 in preparation. Join us in person in Room A-216 or online.
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. CrossPoint Community Sunday School and YAs Sunday School is on April 10.
a. The Young Adults will be meeting at 9:45 am (in-person in Room A-202 and online)! We will be studying the Gospel of John and taking time for Scripture recitation (if we start on time). Info is found on the YAs Teams Chat Channel or the Facebook Messenger chat for the Teams Meeting Link.
b. “Big Survey, Big Screen Perspective” Sunday School is this Sunday in-person (Room A-216) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone: +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, Apr. 10, 2022, Pastor Raymond Lee will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for worship at CBCGL! You can also watch the live stream if you wish.
a. Text: TBD
b. Title: I’m Glad You Asked (4):
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
4. Each Wednesday, Apr. 6 and 13, 2022, at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. We’ll spend time praying for Ukraine and reflecting on Lenten devotional, as well as using a prayer guide to pray for Muslims who are fasting during Ramadan. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Administration / Events
5. CBCGL’s COVID-19 guidance has been updated. We still are following CDC guidance for travel and participation in activities following travel. But we are no longer requiring new guests to complete the waiver form.
a. Also, the taskforce has notified all ministries that we will no longer be taking temperatures nor requiring face masks. Please note, you are welcome to wear facemasks to church.
6. Lunch service is back at CBCGL! To place an order, please use the following link: https://forms.gle/SJBrwGF4nb5w564DA Orders need to be placed by Friday at 11 pm so that we can prepare the correct amount of food. Note: The selection which states “Number of Meals” refers to the cooked food/lunch box/Chinese food option.
7. Did you know that we have updated reports from our missionaries on a regular basis? Please check the missions tab in our bulletin to read through these reports and learn how you can support our missionaries. This week, there is an update about Rob and Lisa MacEwan (serving in the Netherlands at Tyndale Theological Seminary).
8. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin). – Particularly, check out the Children’s ministry Tab to sign-up, show-up, serve, and see God at work in the next generation!
1. Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from CPC to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL