Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
We are nearing the end of summer with the coming of Labor Day. Kids are getting ready to return to school in MA and NH, and the church is working on getting things ready for our planned re-opening.
To help us get closer to our goal of planned reopening, we have several opportunities this weekend for you to serve! Please try to make it to at least one of the following:
1. On Saturday (Tomorrow, 8/28) from 1 to 4 pm, the Children’s Ministry will be working to clean rooms, sanitize equipment, and set up rooms for use in the coming months and years. Note: you don’t have to have children in youth ministry to help. This is a great opportunity also for parents and children/youth to serve together. Please bring cleaning supplies (particularly dusters, cleaning rags/towels, etc.…) from home to help with the effort. Sign-up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FLevFhmHenhwt49ZzuhdeIvrWltlULRtZ0YB8OfUpXM/edit#gid=0
2. On Sunday afternoon, following the lunch provided by the church, the whole church will be working at moving things to the dumpster, cleaning up rooms, and setting up rooms so that we can use them for ministry moving forward. Note: you may want to bring clothes to change into after the worship service and lunch. Also, we aim to get as much work done as possible, but this will not guarantee a re-launch date in September. We are doing the best we can with our contractors and our brothers and sisters to get our church ready for ministry in the midst of the surge in COVID cases. To help on Sunday, show up!
Also, the Ladies Fellowship at CBCGL has updated its plans for the Fall. They will have meetings this Fall on September 19, October 17, November 14, with a break in December. The theme will be “Major/Career” Overview. Each month, different women will share about their different areas of employment and study and how their faith influences their study or work. These conversations are available to all ladies, Juniors and Seniors in High School and college students who may be interested. See the announcement in the bulletin for more information!
Finally, I also want to let you know that you have the opportunity to meet with Angie and me. We want to get to know you better so that we can better serve you and help CrossPoint Community to fulfill the purpose God has for us. Please contact us to set up a meeting (either in person or online) or respond when we contact you.
This Week (August 27 – September 3, 2021):
1. Tonight, Aug. 27, 2021, we will have Friday Night Bible Study. Join us at 7:30 as we take time to sing, share and study together “Building Healthy Relationships”. You can join online!
- Meeting ID: 685 376 249
- Password: 840840
- Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
The Empower fellowship has ended for the summer. Please pray for college students as they begin a new year of studies or a semester of work or a semester of rest!
2. CrossPoint Community Sunday School and YAs Sunday School – on August 29 – is meeting in-person / and Online at 9:45 am.
- The Young Adults will have a planning meeting at 9:45 am (in-person and online)! Info is found on the YAs Teams Chat Channel or in the Facebook Messenger chat for the google meet link.
- The “Essentials of Worship” Sunday School is this Sunday in-person (Room A-216) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone:+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, Aug 29, Elder Jeremy Wu will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for in person worship!
- Text: 2 Samuel 7:1-17
- Title: The God of David, Nathan and Me
- Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
- Coworker reminder.
Administration and Events:
4. CBCGL’s COVID-19 waiver form has been updated. If you haven’t completed a waiver, please do so. The former waiver can be found at http://bit.ly/cbcgl-covid19-waiver
You are required to have completed this form or the updated form and follow their guidance if you plan to participate in any in-person church activities. Note: there is updated guidance from the COVID taskforce.
- Wearing face mask is required to attend church indoor activities regardless of vaccination status except when preaching, teaching or leading worship service.
- After international or domestic travel by plane, self-quarantine for 10 days before attending church in-person activities or follow state and CDC recommendations or requirements.
- MPR room is limited only for no contact sports, e. g. pong-pong, badminton and etc and otherwise pre-approved activities.
5. Meet with Angie and me in person! We are now hosting meetings in our home for participants in CrossPoint Community Ministry. To sign-up, use the following link: Meeting with the Willems
6. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
1. “He who lives without prayer lives as if there is no God.” – Charles Burgess Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Would you please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time?
- Meeting ID: 758 587 937
- Password: 030086
- Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Note: This Wednesday, Sept. 1, all adults will pray together at the link above.
Young Adults Prayer Meeting: Wednesday night @ 7:45 – 9:30 pm –
- Meeting ID: 868 9398 2884
- Password: 197791
2. Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from EM to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
In Christ, your servant, SDG,
Pastor Nathan Willems, Associate Pastor of CrossPoint Community – A Ministry of CBCGL