Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Tonight, fellowship is once again in person. But if you have been a close contact of someone who has tested positive with COVID in the past 14 days (like I have, praise God those individuals are doing great!), then please continue to quarantine (to the end of 14 days) or be cleared as non-contagious by local public health authorities. So, I’ll see you online this weekend!
This week, the Lord impressed on me during prayer meeting that prayer is a privilege. It can be a time when we can rejoice before him. Indeed, not all prayer is rejoicing. We live lives that demand lament due to sin’s presence and effects in our lives and the lives of those around us. But neither is all prayer lament. We can rejoice in God’s presence when we pray.
So, here is an encouragement to prayer by E. M. Bounds. He wrote many books on prayer, which are both encouraging and convicting for me. He explains that
Prayer is no petty invention of man, a fancied relief for fancied ills. Prayer is no dreary performance, dead and death-dealing, but is God’s enabling act for man, living and life-giving, joy and joy-giving. Prayer is the contact of a living soul with God. In prayer, God stoops to kiss man, to bless man, and to aid man in everything that God can devise or man can need. Prayer fills man’s emptiness with God’s fullness. It fills man’s poverty with God’s riches. It puts away man’s weakness with God’s strength. It banishes man’s littleness with God’s greatness. Prayer is God’s plan to supply man’s great and continuous need with God’s great and continuous abundance.
So please pray. Prayer is an invitation to spend time with God, our loving Heavenly Father, who works out all things for the good of those who love him.
Please pray for those who don’t believe in Jesus. Pray that the eyes of their heart would be enlightened this Christmas season that they might trust in the Light of the World.
Please pray for those who are dealing with health issues. Pray that God would provide patience for those waiting on diagnosis, or availability of testing, or those who have to wait in long queues to be seen. Pray for God to bring healing to those who need it. Pray for grace and wisdom for doctors, nurses, health care workers – many of whom are being stretched to the limit in the continuing pandemic.
Please also pray that we would be people who are a blessing to those around us. God blessed us so that we can be a blessing. What are you doing to be a blessing to your family members, to your co-workers, to your neighbors? Pray not only for opportunities, but also that you will take those opportunities to share the love of Christ with others.
Also, please join us on New Years Eve for a special night of community building and prayer. The plan is to begin activities a little earlier than normal, but start prayer at 7:30 pm so that families can get home at a reasonable hour and others can still attend New Year’s Eve parties.
Additionally, this is the last month of 2021 when you can give financially to support the ministry of CrossPoint Community and CBCGL. Please make sure that if you have moved, you update your address with the treasurer so that he can send you your donation receipt. Please give generously so that we have the resources to serve the community and share the good news of the generosity and abundance of our God!
This Week (Dec. 10 – Dec. 16):
1. Tonight, on Dec. 10, 2021, we will have Friday Night Bible Study. Join us at 7:30 as we take time to sing, share and study together “Confidence in the Times of Testing” from the life of Abraham in Genesis 22. You can join in person in Room A-216 or online.
Meeting ID: 685 376 249
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
2. CrossPoint Community Sunday School and YAs Sunday School – on Dec. 12 – is meeting in-person or online at 9:45 am.
a. The Young Adults will be meeting at 9:45 am (in-person in Room A-202 and online)! We will be studying the Gospel of John and taking time for Scripture recitation. Info is found on the YAs Teams Chat Channel or the Facebook Messenger chat for the Teams Meeting Link.
b. “A Guide to Christian Beliefs” Sunday School is this Sunday in-person (Room A-216) and online via the following link:
Meeting ID: 491 248 585
Join by phone:+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
3. This Sunday, Dec. 12, Pastor Raymond Lee will be preaching. Pray for him! Join us for exclusively online worship!
a. Text: Exodus 20:1-17
b. Title: The Ten Commandments and Modern Life (10)
c. Live stream via Youtube: https://www.cbcgl.org/resources/live-stream/
4. This coming Wednesday, Dec. 15, at 7:45 pm, you are invited, encouraged, and requested to join our weekly prayer meeting. We’ll spend time in listening prayer first, then we will take time to share prayer requests and pray together. The link is found below in the section on prayer.
Administration / Events
5. CBCGL’s COVID-19 waiver form has been updated. If you have not completed a waiver, please do so. You can find the updated waiver at http://bit.ly/cbcgl-covid19-waiver. You must have completed this form and follow its guidance if you plan to participate in any in-person church activities. Note: the following is the most recent guidance from the COVID task force.
a. Wearing a face mask is required to attend indoor church activities regardless of vaccination status except when preaching, teaching, or leading the worship service.
b. After international or domestic travel by plane, self-quarantine for ten days before attending church in-person activities or follow state and CDC recommendations or requirements (such as fully vaccinated individuals who have traveled obtaining a negative COVID Test before in-person participation).
c. The MPR room is limited to only no contact sports, e.g. pong-pong, badminton, etc., and otherwise pre-approved activities.
6. We invite you to join our Alpha Tuesday Online Course for Adults and Youth this coming Tuesday, Dec. 14, 2021, 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm. #AlphaCourse for adults and youth is a chance to explore life and the Christian faith in a friendly, open, and informal online environment. Join us for a great conversation with others who are exploring life and faith; no strings attached.
Sept. 28, 2021 – Dec. 14, 2021, 7:30pm – 8:30pm (1 hour – EST).
Here is the Zoom Meeting Info:
Meeting ID: 820 8069 5483
Contact: Marina Lam
7. All other announcements can be found here (in our CrossPoint Community bulletin).
1. Our time in prayer shows what we think about God! Do you see your need of Him? Or are you trying to live this life without / apart from Him? Please join our Wednesday night prayer meeting (7:45 – 9:15 pm) even if you can’t participate the whole time.
Meeting ID: 758 587 937
Join by phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Young Adults Prayer Meeting: Wednesday nights @ 7:45 – 9:30 pm –
Meeting ID: 868 9398 2884
2. Here is our list of prayer and service requests. The service request tab is for brothers and sisters to ask for assistance or announce any give-away items. It is an attempt from EM to reach out and take care of those in need among us. You may also enter yours via the provided link:
In Christ, your servant, SDG,